123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front row question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rando1968

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Front row question Reply with quote

I was going to get rid of my Mini but I found a way to keep it(financially) I plan on using it for downloaded movies. Is there anyway to have Front Row use a different folder for downloaded or ripped movies? Right now its on my system drive which is almost full.

Randy
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup! you can create an alias to any other folder/drive you like, then just drop the alias in the "Movies" folder. . .

(to create an alias, just right click on the folder/drive you want)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rando1968

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
rando1968

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question. It seems front row only really works with I-tunes(for rental downloads) Amazon, and a number of other places rent videos online too but they all have different selections. Is there one program like Front Row that kinda harnesses all the other providers? Meaning I can rent from any source?

Randy
stupkid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask this question in the Awkward TV Forums . I don't see anything that can do what you are asking, but that would probably be a nice enhancement to Nito TV or Channl.TV plugins.

Hope this helps!
rando1968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, from what I see using a Mini for this may not be the best solution. I still need a at least a mouse to surf I-tunes to pick out my movies before being able to use the remote. Its a shame they dont update Front row to let you totally navigate i-tunes (the store) unless they do I and I just dont know. I am new to using my Mini this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: