123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X11 environment and Jagged Alliance 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleBigGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: X11 environment and Jagged Alliance 2 Reply with quote

Hi All.

I have been researching ways to use the Linux version of my favorite game on my mini. Quite by accident (a thread here somewhere) I found out about Gimp which led me to X11. The apple site has a good solid explaination of what X11 is. For me what was important was that 1) I could play the game, and 2) I could pause the game and then use expose to move to another window so I could play and download stuff from newsgroups at the same time. Well, I found that the X11 environment is on the OSX disc that came with my mini. I installed it and immediately downloaded GimpShop to test it out. I was very pleased with what I found. I could use expose to jump around windows and work on a picture via gimpshop while downloading stuff. I ordered a copy of the game and I am looking forward to ditching my dell as the game was the only reason I am holding on to the thing.

I am excited. I plan to start searching for other free linux or Unix games/programs that I can use with X11.

LittleBigGuy
Serve the mini, the mini is your friend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: