123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iomega MiniMax for Mac mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundzen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the fastest tranfer cable to use with minimax? usb or firewire?

i know it can affect the transfer speed when you have a big storage and the more its filled the more it lingers in order to show you the content on screen and the space available (at least it use to in usb pen under windows) of course were talking of seconds but still it takes time to recognise the external drive, to read its content, to organise the files and to finaly pop-up on screen!

is it me or the time capsule is not the same size as the mac mini? why didnt they think of that detail? its kind of expensive for me even if there ethernet and all but i only need storage so iomega price is fine for 1TB.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundzen wrote:
well my bad again then... i updated the 2009 prices
seems like im doing error upon error to you
im actualy looking for a external drive for backup
this mini-look-alike is tempting from iomega

Ha ha, no error... I just thought it was funny how a conversation can be continued 4 years later...
soundzen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: doubt about time machine Reply with quote

after my mac crash due to theme tweaking im decided to get an external backup asap and the iomega minimax still is my favorite, but i have a doubt about its use from what i read in other posts on the net:

i can use it as a simple usb external disc for manual backups but somewhere it was mentioned something about "time machine" has the main use!

can this external drive, be used as a free backup drive (leting me choose the files & folders i want to copy/drag from finder) OR CAN IT BE USED SIMULTANEOUSLY as the time-machine default drive (programmed for auto-backups of osx vitals files)?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS585VC/A?mco=MTMxMTUwNzg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: