123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple in online film-rental deal with Fox studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Apple in online film-rental deal with Fox studio Reply with quote

Apple in online film-rental deal with Fox studio
"Apple has signed News Corp’s 20th Century Fox studio to a new online video-on-demand service in a deal that could change the way people pay for online film content. The agreement will allow consumers to rent the latest Fox DVD releases by downloading a digital copy from Apple’s iTunes platform for a limited time, according to a person familiar with the situation."

Read more...
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! I just hope they increase the quality of the videos.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to be honest here. I have little interest in renting or buying movies from Apple through iTunes. I really don't want to see the movie studios succeed with this either. No DRM and allowing burns to DVD might help me come around some day though.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never rent a film. I have never rented from a local rental company unless I can keep a "copy" Wink I would and have bought films from Apple, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't really care about DRM. It doesn't hinder me in any way. (That I know of Shocked )

Agreed Devo, I would like to be able to burn the movies to DVD, like I can with iTunes songs that are purchased or even TV shows or Music Videos, however knowing this I am selective about what I purchase from Apple.

What is the big deal about DRM anyway? I know that statement is going to ruffle feathers here but, I just don't get it. It doesn't bother me at all. I download it, listen to it and move on. I can use DRM'd songs in iMovie, burn to disc, what ever I like, I don't see the hinderance.

Video products however, I do see it. And renting is for the birds!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: