123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sapphire Browser for Front Row
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sapphire Browser for Front Row Reply with quote

admin wrote:
It will download all the metadata and cover art for your TV Shows and Movies in Front Row.

Can anyone confirm if this works for movies and tv shows that originated on DVD? What about PVR material, such as from EyeTV?

It seems like when this function has been an issue before, the problems have related to FrontRow wanting everything to be in iTunes. I only use iTunes for music, and get most of my TV shows a year late on DVD...
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusev wrote:
The only thing I have noticed with some of the movies/tv shows don't always get picked up. One example is Battlestar Galactica Razor. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

It has to do with naming usually. I got Razor to get picked up, but it showed up in the Movies section. I believe my filename is "BSG Razor.avi".

But yeah, I've had a few that won't get picked up even though they're spelled correctly, particularly some of my Jeremy Clarkson DVDs.
gbooker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusev wrote:
The only thing I have noticed with some of the movies/tv shows don't always get picked up. One example is Battlestar Galactica Razor. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Created an FAQ entry for ya:
http://appletv.nanopi.net/72/how-do-i-identify-series-specials/

Also, there are other FAQ entries along with a manual
Gusev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that helped a lot!
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started messing around with Sapphire tonight, and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Very Happy
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this sounds really cool! Are there other Apple TV plugins that work? I wouldn't mind having ones for radio and YouTube.
myminirocks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, 1 week on and I have removed Sapphire. I love it, I really do, but currently it is really buggy. It would crash Front Row about every 3rd time requiring a killall command in terminal.

it would also randomly 'lose' movies and tv shows.

It is a proof in concept that FR plugin can be written so it is certainly an exciting start.
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myminirocks wrote:
Ok, 1 week on and I have removed Sapphire. I love it, I really do, but currently it is really buggy. It would crash Front Row about every 3rd time requiring a killall command in terminal.

It is a proof in concept that FR plugin can be written so it is certainly an exciting start.

yeah to me it seems like an AWESOME idea but as of right now it's just too buggy for my tastes. i'll wait for a better version and give it another go.

LaCie 500GB Gigabit Ethernet Disk mini
Apple BT Keyboard/Mighty Mouse, iSight
Vizio 42" 1080p LCD HDTV
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myminirocks wrote:

what exactly did you do to remove it? I'm not seeing the "Sapphire.frappliance" in the frontrow plugins folder anymore? But sure enough Sapphire is there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
myminirocks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hackersmovie, I dont know why but you seem to have had heaps of trouble with sapphire, I noticed your other posts about it.

I just went into the FR plugins folder (coreservices folder) and there was the sapphire frappliance folder, deleted it and killed FR in terminal and "poof' it was gone.

How did you install your copy? it sounds like some of the issues you are having seem to do with folder structure, is it possible you have 2 x versions of FR installed? I know some people installed the old tiger FR in leopard and they have reported issues and general weirdness with folder access.
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myminirocks wrote:
hey hackersmovie, I dont know why but you seem to have had heaps of trouble with sapphire, I noticed your other posts about it.

I just went into the FR plugins folder (coreservices folder) and there was the sapphire frappliance folder, deleted it and killed FR in terminal and "poof' it was gone.

How did you install your copy? it sounds like some of the issues you are having seem to do with folder structure, is it possible you have 2 x versions of FR installed? I know some people installed the old tiger FR in leopard and they have reported issues and general weirdness with folder access.

Believe it or not, I actually followed the instructions on their site! (you know the fact that most men don't like to read instructions..)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new Sapphire beta out today.
tlutrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: I must be an idiot, as I can't install Sapphire Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm new to this the Board and a recent Mac convert. I just bought a Mac Mini with high hopes of using Front Row as a media center component. I love the concept of what the Sapphire application provides, but for the life of me I can follow the installation instructions related to:

Place Sapphire.frappliance in: “/System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/”.

This folder doesn't exist. Everything else is pretty self explanatory (I think). I sure would appreciate it if someone would point me on the road to Mac Happiness. Smile

Thanks everyone.
khisayruou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I must be an idiot, as I can't install Sapphire Reply with quote

tlutrick wrote:
Place Sapphire.frappliance in: “/System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/”.

Open up finder, under devices...click on your hard drive. Then go into system >> library >> coreservices >> front row.app

Now, right click it and "Show package contents", then contents >> plugins

Enjoy!
tlutrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so simple...Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: