123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to add Bluetooth to Mini?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barons10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: How to add Bluetooth to Mini? Reply with quote

New Here,

Can you install a internal Bluetooth card in the Mac mini yourself? Can someone recommend a good external USB Bluetooth adapter? What I'm trying to do is hook up a wireless Apple Keyboard and Mouse to my 1.42GZ mini.

Thank's in advance!
bubba

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's best to get Apple's D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter or take it to an Apple store and have it installed. If you do not get Bluetooth as a BTO option, then it's either the Apple Store to do the upgrade or an external adapter.
tjm549

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could take to an Apple Store. Belkin also make a pretty good Adapter. You have to get the drivers from Apple though. The only draw back with the Belkin is it will stick out of the back of your mini.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=200583&pcount=&Product_Id=134431
barons10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, bubba and tjm

I'm going to call the Apple Store this afternoon and see about pricing if not I'll pick up one of those adapters. I will reply back on what the Apple Store says. Someone else may find it useful!
andp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the mistake of not getting Bluetooth built in. Sad
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I have a HUGE wide screen hanging in my living room (with a computer hooked up, of course), I just don't have any use for bluetooth. (well, bluetooth integration with my cell phone and COOPER Mini audio system, but that is another beast all together!) Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
barons10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got off the phone with the Apple Store in PA. They said at this time they cannot put in a internal card and it maybe a few more weeks before they are able to. They recommended I get an external adapter. So I guess if you want internal Bluetooth you should just go ahead and order it when you order you Mini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: