123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

leopard on an iBook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: leopard on an iBook Reply with quote

Im not sure i anybody has done this yet, but I will be doing this for my sister later on today if not tomorrow. I hope it doesn't slow down her system. it's probably on the near minimum end of the requirements. I will let you all know how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its an early iBook remember the hard disk will be comparatively small to more recent drives - is it worth loosing valuable memory space to a huge new Operating System?

But if its more than say 40GB then I'd definately go for it, let us know how it goes! Cool

>> WEBSITE! <<>> TOONS! <<
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthroPC wrote:
If its an early iBook remember the hard disk will be comparatively small to more recent drives - is it worth loosing valuable memory space to a huge new Operating System?

But if its more than say 40GB then I'd definately go for it, let us know how it goes! Cool

It has a 60 gb hd. Leopard didn't come today for me cause purolator sucks, I leave the house at 8:44 they come at 8:57 and say no ones home when there was definetly people home im so pissed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a 60GB HDD isn't the biggest, but certianly worth a go! As long as there's plenty of RAM, I can't see any problems. Good luck with the installation when Leopard does arrive. We get the same problems here with ParcelForce!

>> WEBSITE! <<>> TOONS! <<
Monkiki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put it on my girlfriend's 1.2GHz 14" iBook and it runs fine. About the same as Tiger. 1.25GB RAM and 60GB HDD. I was amazed how smooth it ran. Haven't tried out Time Machine yet.
Futa_Mill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed leopard on my sisters ibook g4, 1.33 ghz 512 mb ram, 60 gb harddrive doing a clean install. and it is definetly running better than tiger, she even says that, also the menu bard is transparent so thats really good. Just thought i'd update you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed it on my 12 inch 1.33ghz 1 gig ram iBook today, it runs very good.
I can't really say that it runs any faster, but it sure doesn't run any slower. I installed all the applications that I would use and I still have 29 gig left out of my 40 gig hard drive. All in all, I'm very happy with it. I love a lot of the new leopard features, but hate a few also, like the folder icons in the dock. I'm sure it is going to only get better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: