Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:48 am Post subject: Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.1 Released
|Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.1 Released
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Posted by: Charles
Bombich Software today announced the release of Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.1, a new version of its popular backup and cloning utility for Mac OS X. According to the developer, this release fixes a number of issues with Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.
This includes the following:
- Fixed an issue that caused creating new disk images to fail
- Fixed an issue that would cause backup to a remote Macintosh to fail
- Fixed an issue that caused "Failed to chown" messages to appear in the log and caused CCC to report that the synchronization engine had failed
- Modification times of folders and applications are now properly preserved when using the "Copy everything" cloning method
- Fixed an issue in which locked files were not properly deleted (as necessary)
- Fixed an issue in which CCC reported that it could not enable ownership on the target volume
- CCC now explicitly disallows non-HFS volumes (this clears up confusion on what target volumes are supported)
- Fixed an issue in which CCC errantly reported that it could not archive some items during a "Copy selected items" clone
- Resolved several localization issues and included localizations for French, Russian, Korean, Swedish, and Dutch
- The Authentication Credentials Installer package no longer installs CCC's version of rsync into a location commonly in $PATH
- Minor tweak to improve performance when copying to a sparse disk image created by CCC on a network volume
- Fixed an issue that would cause some target volumes to not be bootable
- Fixed a cosmetic issue in which the amount of data copied in the CCC.log file was grossly incorrect
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later. The download weighs in at 2.6MB.
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
|Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:17 pm Post subject:
|Except for it being a little on the slow side, I didn't have any issues with 3.0. I'm going to clone my drive again on Thursday in prep for Leopard, so I will wait until then to pass judgment.