123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a couple of comments from new Mini user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wogboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: a couple of comments from new Mini user Reply with quote

Ok, so I've got may 1.25 combo mini and so far pretty good, especially compared to my old 333hz imac. However, there have been some issues:

1. when I upgraded to 10.3.8 the drive no longer recognised blank media. My reseller was very helpful and advised a disk repair and permissions repair which did the trick.

2. Mactheripper does not work. Crashes every single time. Are there any other options of burning a disc image of a DVD.

Also, a question regarding region coded 0 dvd's. I have a number of these. When I put it in the drive the DVD player asks which region, the choices being 1-8. How do I approach this?

thanks

Luigi
numediaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me scared for a moment. I use Mac the Ripper every once in a while, and since I've had issues I thought I better see if mine crashed. The answer was no -- its fine.

So, you need to trouble shoot a little:

1) are you saving to an external drive? If so, is it USB or FW?
2) have you tried to reinstall the software?
3) Did you install it clean when you got your mini, or did you "migrate" your software from another Mac?
wogboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as you suggested and reinstalled the software. Better results. Ripped a region 0 coded DVD. However, when opening the DVD player and choosing the Video folder, bugger all happens.

In answer to your questions. I'm using the internal drive, the software was downloaded directly onto the Mac Mini.
numediaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wogboy wrote:
when opening the DVD player and choosing the Video folder, bugger all happens.

Since I'm from the northern hemisphere, I don't exactly understand -- but I assume it's not good.

What exactly happens when you open the VIDEO_TS?

I assume your DVD player works when there is an actual DVD in the drive, right? If you burn the VIDEO_TS folder to DVD, will the DVD player play the newly created DVD?

Hang in there, between all of us early adapters maybe we can figure all this garbage out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: