123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my iPod Touch Friday!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr56k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Got my iPod Touch Friday! Reply with quote

So I happened to be in Best Buy on Friday on the way home from work. I was over by the iPod section when I noticed one of the workers loading a whole bunch of the 16GB Touch's in the cabinet. Well I ended up buying one. Got it home, plugged it in. Downloaded all my tunes right away and a few podcasts I had "Video Podcasts". First off the screen is amazing. The clarity for how small it is. Next thing is how easy it is to navigate through everything. Apple did a great job on the touch interface. Flying through cover flow or sliding through people in your address book is a breeze. Next thing to talk about is Safari on the Touch. IT works reallllly well. All web sites loaded great. I was easily able to go to www.gmail.com login and check my email. I even went to 123macmini and browsed through the picture galleries with no problems. Also one more note.. Battery life is really good. I watched a whole movie, listened to several songs, surfed the internet over wifi and when I was done I still had quite a bit of battery life. Overally I would rate this product a 95% outta %100. Only drawback is the price. $400 is hard to swallow. Once you get it though you soon forget about that. Anyways Just figured I would share my thoughts on the new touch. Later

Ryan
24" Dell 1920x1080 HD LCD
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been impressed with the battery life so far. I thought it would be worse with the big screen and super thin body. Have you noticed your touch getting warm at the bottom near the home button on the left side? Mine seems to get super hot there while watching video. It's starting to concern me a little.
mr56k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
Yeah, I've been impressed with the battery life so far. I thought it would be worse with the big screen and super thin body. Have you noticed your touch getting warm at the bottom near the home button on the left side? Mine seems to get super hot there while watching video. It's starting to concern me a little.

Haven't noticed it getting hot at all. If I remember Ill try to check it like half way in to a movie.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do! Mine also gets hot in the same spot while charging it. I'm talking just left of the home button on the front. I realize that things could get warm, but this seems a little extreme. I might call Apple.
mr56k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I watched a couple tv shows, surfed on safari while playing some tunes. Mine wasn't hot at all anywhere. I even checked where you said your touch was getting hot and nada. I would say I would take it in to get looked at.
mr56k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figured shortly after I said everything was working great the Touch started freaking out. My screen went crazy and was no longer centered. I was also having trouble keeping it on. "Bleeding Edge" HUH! Anyways I returned it and picked up a iPod Classic 80GB. This way I can store "all" my iTunes library and hopefully this will work great since the previous models "Video" are very similar. So far its working great "knocks on wood". Maybe somewhere down the road I will buy another touch. Not anytime soon though.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out with the touch. I'm now in the process of getting a replacement sent. Neutral
Doug Eldred
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is fine on the hot-to-the-touch front.

It appears that if you're listening to a playlist with multiple albums the Cover Flow artwork doesn't change when switching between albums.

Sound seems fine to me, others have reported various artifacts, but I can't hear them if they're there.

You have to love the minimalist stand - typical Apple design genius!

Doug
mr56k

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I couldn't resist. After using the Classic for a solid day I can say that there is nothing like a flash based player. Jumping from one movie to another or just navigating around is nowhere as smoothe as it is on the Touch/Nano's. It got annoying really fast. It appears I'm not the only one that thinks this as well if you do a search. So my classic went to a friend for cheaper then I paid for it and I picked up 16GB Touch. So I'm really hoping this one lasts Smile . I also picked up a invisible shield to try to keep my new Touch looking nice. There is like no cases really available yet.
ZuMZu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting on my third iPod touch to be sent. The first two had dead white pixels everywhere. And most of them were in clusters of at least four pixels. I really hope the third time is a charm. Sad
mr56k

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuMZu wrote:
I'm waiting on my third iPod touch to be sent. The first two had dead white pixels everywhere. And most of them were in clusters of at least four pixels. I really hope the third time is a charm. Sad

Yea Its a great product just seems like the first batch of anything tends to have problems. I guess I'm just glad my second one is working great "Knocks on wood". Hope everything works out for ya ZuMZu.
Drewbert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using my touch for a couple days with not problems... i love it

So any places where to check out third party apps? Cool
mr56k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drewbert wrote:
I have been using my touch for a couple days with not problems... i love it

So any places where to check out third party apps? Cool

Haven't seen anything yet.. I'm sure It happens soon though Smile Me and a co-worker were talking about the whole home screen sure has a lot of open area. Maybe for future apps etc?? Sure hope so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: