123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEC Intros AccuSync LCDs with HDMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: NEC Intros AccuSync LCDs with HDMI Reply with quote

NEC Intros AccuSync LCDs with HDMI
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Posted by: Glenn

NEC today unleashed the new AccuSync GX and CX Series of wide-screen monitors. This includes the 19-inch LCD19WMGX at 1440 x 900 , 22-inch LCD22WMGX at 1680 x 1050, and 24-inch LCD24WMCX at 1920 x 1200. These new displays include integrated speakers, 5-millisecond response times, and 1000:1 contrast ratio (LCD19WMGX) and 2000:1 dynamic contrast ratios (LCD22WMGX and LCD24WMCX). They also feature HDMI connectivity and HDCP so users can showcase the latest high-definition content from a multitude of sources.

The AccuSync GX and CX Series includes the following features:

- Super-bright OptiClear Screen Technology, which provides rich color saturation, remarkable clarity, and true-to-life contrast to enhance the user's overall visual perception

- Rapid Response technology (5ms), which delivers seamless video for gaming and streaming, and finely detailed images for photos and graphics

- Component inputs (LCD22WMGX and LCD24WMCX), which enable users to interface with PCs, DVD players and video-game consoles, utilizing the monitors' superior performance

- HDMI connectivity to the latest and greatest multimedia sources (via DVI adaptor for the LCD19WMGX)

- HDCP, which allows copy-protected HD content to be displayed properly

- Ambix Technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software as well as connection to two systems

- DV mode, which includes six pre-set viewing preferences for a customized visual experience (LCD22WMGX and LCD24WMCX)

- No Touch Auto Adjust, which reduces set-up time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power-on

- Glossy Black Bezel, a stylish cabinet and ID, highlighted by a glossy, piano-black bezel to create an attractive focal point for any workspace

- Tilt and cable management, which add comfort and flexibility to the user’s visual experience

- RoHS compliance, which ensures the displays are free of lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, PBDE and PBB, with reduced mercury

- EnergyStar 4.0 compliant

- 3-year warranty, including parts and backlight, and 24/7 support from NEC

The AccuSync LCD19WMGX and LCD22WMGX LCDs are available now and priced at $279.99 and $379.99, respectively. The AccuSync LCD24WMCX will be available later in September at $549.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/756.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 24-inch sounds pretty sweet for $550.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always those black bezels... Confused
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
Always those black bezels... Confused

I prefer black bezels. I find them to be less distracting. Well, as long as they aren't the glossy piano-black ones.
iLife's a Bitch!
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

I prefer black bezels. I find them to be less distracting. Well, as long as they aren't the glossy piano-black ones.

I wouldn't mind, if the mini was available in black Razz An anodized black aluminum Mini with black top and white logo, black periferals (external hd's/hubs/keyboard/mouse/speakers/microphone/webcam, yeah, that would look cool indeed! A mini is for a great part also design, so that why I'd prefer a screen that is not clashing in design and color with Apple's minimal Alu/glass view.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the GLOSSY black bezel that eliminates it for me.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
It's the GLOSSY black bezel that eliminates it for me.

Fox the 24" Dell is back on sale. It's back down to $569 again here in the US. You might want to check the Canadian store. I'll be ordering one tonight or tomorrow. Very Happy
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope; $749 in Canada. They were on last week for $649, but during Dell Days of Deals, they were $599. The latter is equivalent to your present U.S. price. But enjoy yours, Ben_tex.

Short of finding it for $599 again, I'm now thinking of buying something cheaper; a Samsung 245B for $499. It only has the 6 bit panel, but colour fidelity and viewing angles aren't critical for me. There's no glossy pieces on it like the 245BW, and it's not as boxy looking as the present Dell models. (I like their stands over the earlier Dell models but not the totally square frame.) The Samsung 244T is also in my sights, but I'd like a better price than the current $659 I can get it for. It's a good 8 bit panel and has been around for awhile, so I'm hoping Samsung deep-discounts it soon.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Nope; $749 in Canada. They were on last week for $649, but during Dell Days of Deals, they were $599. The latter is equivalent to your present U.S. price. But enjoy yours, Ben_tex.

Bummer! Sad

But I wouldn't give up on the Dell if it's the one that you really want. I'm sure Dell rotates the sales up there like they do down here. It's bound to hit that price again over the coming weeks. Yeah, I went ahead with my order this afternoon. I'm so looking forward to getting it. I just hope that it doesn't come with dead pixels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: