123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros iPod touch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody watched the iPod Touch video on Apple's website? What do you think of the Chinese Guy (I assume Chinese) wearing the black T-shirt?

I think he's annoying and boring. He sounds way too sales-like and I don't like his movements (body language etc). I wouldn't want to buy anything from him. The long sleeved black t-shirt cracks me up.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I think he's annoying and boring. He sounds way too sales-like and I don't like his movements (body language etc). I wouldn't want to buy anything from him. The long sleeved black t-shirt cracks me up.

He's pretty bad. The black shirt thing with all these presenters is starting to creep me out too.

It was hard not to buy this week, but I've decided against the iPod touch and iPhone at this time. I can't justify their price with the amount of storage they offer. I also can't justify the price of the iPod touch versus the iPhone. The iPhone is a more complete device. I'll be buying one when it hits 16GB for $399. I would also be interested in an iPod classic with a larger screen. A touch screen isn't a must. Until then, I don't have a player. My 60GB 5G died a few weeks ago. I might look at something like the Sansa Clip to hold me over for music.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

He's pretty bad. The black shirt thing with all these presenters is starting to creep me out too.

It was hard not to buy this week, but I've decided against the iPod touch and iPhone at this time. I can't justify their price with the amount of storage they offer. I also can't justify the price of the iPod touch versus the iPhone. The iPhone is a more complete device. I'll be buying one when it hits 16GB for $399. I would also be interested in an iPod classic with a larger screen. A touch screen isn't a must. Until then, I don't have a player. My 60GB 5G died a few weeks ago. I might look at something like the Sansa Clip to hold me over for music.

I too think the iPod touch is too close in price not to get an iPhone. Unfortunately they don't sell the iPhone in Canada yet. By the time they do maybe the memory will be upgraded. 16GB is good but it;s not even enough for my audio never mind video and everything else. The only reason that these devices are low capacity is do to the technology and the price point of the memory.

I'd buy the iPod Classic right away if it had a wide screen. I don't care about the touch interface either. Because my 4th gen already does audio just fine. It's tough to buy a new iPod for video with a 4:3 format. Confused

I just about bought the iPod touch online but backed out. It's hard to not spend money after a Keynote, but honestly upgrading my G4 mini is a priority (when Leopard is released).

Lots of people will be in the same boat. Likely they already have iPods so the question is do they really need another one?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I too think the iPod touch is too close in price not to get an iPhone.

I'm sure they will sell a TON of the iPod touch, but prices of $249 and $349 would've been better. It's obvious that they priced the Touch up against the iPhone to help solidify sales. At these prices, I'd just rather have the iPhone. The Touch is great, but Wi-Fi isn't nearly as ubiquitous. I'll just wait on the sidelines until iPhone capacities increase. 16GB is probably enough for me to take the leap.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I too think the iPod touch is too close in price not to get an iPhone.

I'm sure they will sell a TON of the iPod touch, but prices of $249 and $349 would've been better. It's obvious that they priced the Touch up against the iPhone to help solidify sales. At these prices, I'd just rather have the iPhone. The Touch is great, but Wi-Fi isn't nearly as ubiquitous. I'll just wait on the sidelines until iPhone capacities increase. 16GB is probably enough for me to take the leap.

I'm waiting for 2 upgrades to the iPhone, at least 16GB and 3G.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
idave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I shouldn't have ordered my iPod touch online. I could've just headed down to the Apple Store and picked one up today. Although, it looks like my credit card got hit with a second pending change this morning. Can Apple refund me $100 for being an early online adopter? Wink Laughing
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idave wrote:
Man, I shouldn't have ordered my iPod touch online. I could've just headed down to the Apple Store and picked one up today. Although, it looks like my credit card got hit with a second pending change this morning. Can Apple refund me $100 for being an early online adopter? Wink Laughing

I hear you!

Where the bleep is my touch?

I called the Apple Store (2 hours away) and they have both models. I also read that some Best Buy stores already got them in.

Meanwhile my order status still shows....

IPOD TOUCH 8G-USA
Ships by: Sep 28
Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 4

Why the hell did I pre-order? This is making me mad!!! Evil or Very Mad
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but I wonder if Apple deliberately staggering shipments of the iPod touch so they can test the Wi-Fi store some more? This would also prevent the store being overloaded.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I would be more than happy to wait with all the reports of trouble with screen. Sad
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was at best buy this weekend i think they had touch models in they were advertising it like crazy but i had no desire to check it out.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple shipped my touch today! Very Happy
Macuser9214

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I've read:

1) the screen quality, as mentioned above, sucks. This is unfortunate. It's an iPod! People will be watching videos on it! It should be as good, if not BETTER than the iPhone, which main purpose is a PHONE, not a media device!

2) Supposedly, you can't make appointments in the calendar, it's just a plain regular calendar.

I wanted the iPod touch, but unless I see some improvement, and less complaints from people online, I think I'll be holding off for a while ('least till Christmas Wink )
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macuser9214 wrote:
1) the screen quality, as mentioned above, sucks. This is unfortunate. It's an iPod! People will be watching videos on it! It should be as good, if not BETTER than the iPhone, which main purpose is a PHONE, not a media device!

I'm so nervous about the quality of the screen now. If it doesn't live up to my expectations, I'm sending it right back. I have my fingers and toes crossed! It shipped yesterday and should be here before noon on the 21st. Neutral
idave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my new toy today. Very Happy

I don't have a single complaint about the screen. It's really bright and clear. And luckily, I don't have the "negative black" issue.

I just need to get a silicon skin for this baby as soon as possible. It's the slippiest device I have ever held. I wish it had the same back as the iPhone.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a keeper! Mine was delivered like three hours ago. I notice the viewing angles are kind of low when you watch movies on it horizontally, but it looks fine other than that. This is my first experience with the iPhone type user interface and all I can say is WOW! It's so beautiful and intuitive. Apple really is the best software company out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: