123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What brands of RAM have you had luck with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
castufari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Ordered :) Reply with quote

119 shipped from Crucial, let's see how much better the Mini runs.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ordered :) Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
119 shipped from Crucial, let's see how much better the Mini runs.

I guarantee it will run better and you won't see as many beachballs. I noticed a little boost in performance when ripping cds. Things like Garageband and iPhoto also seem to run a little better.
iLife's a Bitch!
e3mw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on upgrading my mini to 1GB very soon, school has started back so I'll have to do it on a weekend whenever I get the chance. I'll likely be fronting the $120 or so to get the crucial memory so I can feel sure that this upgrade wont lead to further problems.
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3mw wrote:
I plan on upgrading my mini to 1GB very soon, school has started back so I'll have to do it on a weekend whenever I get the chance. I'll likely be fronting the $120 or so to get the crucial memory so I can feel sure that this upgrade wont lead to further problems.

I would try to buy it as soon as possible. Memory prices seem to be on a slight upswing.
iLife's a Bitch!
castufari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I would try to buy it as soon as possible. Memory prices seem to be on a slight upswing.

Yup, it's fall, it always happens. When I was in PC sales (that was 95-97) there would be a "shortage" starting in the fall as companies geared up for Christmas computer sales.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
g5g5 wrote:

Yup, it's fall, it always happens. When I was in PC sales (that was 95-97) there would be a "shortage" starting in the fall as companies geared up for Christmas computer sales.

It seems like you can always find good computer deals in July and January. At least that has been my experience. July is probably slow for the manufactures because people are out enjoying summer. In January they are trying to clear out left over holiday inventory. Every major computer purchase I've made has happened during those two months.
iLife's a Bitch!
castufari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="g5g5"][quote="castufari"]
g5g5 wrote:
It seems like you can always find good computer deals in July and January. At least that has been my experience. July is probably slow for the manufactures because people are out enjoying summer. In January they are trying to clear out left over holiday inventory. Every major computer purchase I've made has happened during those two months.

Same here. Fall, at least in my current job, means we're buying. I guess this is a chance for the companies to fleece the corporate world. Very Happy
castufari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: memory installed Reply with quote

The systems seems a bit smoother, more inline with my Dell laptop. Only one beachball so far.

Now to get the freaking cover on right. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: