123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What brands of RAM have you had luck with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
castufari
Member
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 198
Location: Asheville, NC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Ordered :) Reply with quote

119 shipped from Crucial, let's see how much better the Mini runs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2765
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ordered :) Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
119 shipped from Crucial, let's see how much better the Mini runs.


I guarantee it will run better and you won't see as many beachballs. I noticed a little boost in performance when ripping cds. Things like Garageband and iPhoto also seem to run a little better.
_________________
1.25GHz Mac Mini / 1.8GHz iMac G5 / 2.0GHz C2D Mac mini (2009)
4GB iPod mini / 2G iPod shuffle / 16GB iPhone 3G
Apple TV 2
iLife's a Bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
e3mw
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 250
Location: Tupelo, MS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on upgrading my mini to 1GB very soon, school has started back so I'll have to do it on a weekend whenever I get the chance. I'll likely be fronting the $120 or so to get the crucial memory so I can feel sure that this upgrade wont lead to further problems.
_________________
Me with Woz!
Aftershift Music Project | My Music! Feel free to download!
1.42Ghz Mini | 15" 1.67Ghz Hi-Res PowerBook G4
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2765
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3mw wrote:
I plan on upgrading my mini to 1GB very soon, school has started back so I'll have to do it on a weekend whenever I get the chance. I'll likely be fronting the $120 or so to get the crucial memory so I can feel sure that this upgrade wont lead to further problems.


I would try to buy it as soon as possible. Memory prices seem to be on a slight upswing.
_________________
1.25GHz Mac Mini / 1.8GHz iMac G5 / 2.0GHz C2D Mac mini (2009)
4GB iPod mini / 2G iPod shuffle / 16GB iPhone 3G
Apple TV 2
iLife's a Bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
castufari
Member
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 198
Location: Asheville, NC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I would try to buy it as soon as possible. Memory prices seem to be on a slight upswing.


Yup, it's fall, it always happens. When I was in PC sales (that was 95-97) there would be a "shortage" starting in the fall as companies geared up for Christmas computer sales.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2765
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
g5g5 wrote:
I would try to buy it as soon as possible. Memory prices seem to be on a slight upswing.


Yup, it's fall, it always happens. When I was in PC sales (that was 95-97) there would be a "shortage" starting in the fall as companies geared up for Christmas computer sales.


It seems like you can always find good computer deals in July and January. At least that has been my experience. July is probably slow for the manufactures because people are out enjoying summer. In January they are trying to clear out left over holiday inventory. Every major computer purchase I've made has happened during those two months.
_________________
1.25GHz Mac Mini / 1.8GHz iMac G5 / 2.0GHz C2D Mac mini (2009)
4GB iPod mini / 2G iPod shuffle / 16GB iPhone 3G
Apple TV 2
iLife's a Bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
castufari
Member
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 198
Location: Asheville, NC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="g5g5"][quote="castufari"]
g5g5 wrote:
It seems like you can always find good computer deals in July and January. At least that has been my experience. July is probably slow for the manufactures because people are out enjoying summer. In January they are trying to clear out left over holiday inventory. Every major computer purchase I've made has happened during those two months.


Same here. Fall, at least in my current job, means we're buying. I guess this is a chance for the companies to fleece the corporate world. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
castufari
Member
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 198
Location: Asheville, NC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: memory installed Reply with quote

The systems seems a bit smoother, more inline with my Dell laptop. Only one beachball so far.

Now to get the freaking cover on right. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.