123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Early Adopters of the iPhone be given a $200 credit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Early Adopters (EA's) of the iPhone be given a $200 Apple Credit?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
No
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
undecided (let's call a meeting)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Should Early Adopters of the iPhone be given a $200 credit? Reply with quote

Should the people who bought the iPhone before Aug 26, 2007 be given a $200 Apple credit? Pretend you are Steve Job's (not the customer).

Let's assume 1 million iPhones have been sold in the past 2 months. That would be $200,000,000 (200 million dollars) credit.

This is Apple's current pricing policy:

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.

Remember the shareholders are watching Smile

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ianham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Early Adopters of the iPhone be given a $200 cred Reply with quote

No, You paid for it, you used it, so you payed the price.

I doesn't matter that you bought it for $200 more and then they changed their price. But then on the other hand if you go to a retail store, they usually have a 30 day price match.

Twisted Evil You made me confused. Twisted Evil
DCGuy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should be given $200 credit in starbucks gift card
Twisted Evil
Ianham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill, you posted this then it was gone .

Quote:
Prices

The Apple Store endeavors to offer you competitive prices on current Apple products, selected Sale and Apple Certified Reconditioned products, and third-party products. Your total order price will include the price of the product on the day of shipping plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges. Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at the Apple Store at any time and particularly to correct pricing errors that appear on the Store.

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.

So if you bought the I phone 14 days before this price drop better jump on the phone!!!

Edit: then you edit it to your original post. Laughing
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ianham wrote:

Sorry, I'm trying to make to poll as clear as possible. Lot's of traffic tonight. I'll stop editing now Smile
Ianham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Ianham wrote:

Sorry, I'm trying to make to poll as clear as possible. Lot's of traffic tonight. I'll stop editing now Smile

Lol, I see what you did.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCGuy wrote:
they should be given $200 credit in starbucks gift card
Twisted Evil

What's that, like two cups of coffee? Laughing

I would be really surprised to see Apple open that $200 can of worms.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Steve Jobs, I'm going to kill 2 birds with one stone: Give 'em $200 worth of last week's iPod range.
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common sense would say not to buy it when it first came out because Apple intended to lower the price for the holidays coming up anyway.

You have to pay to play!!! Very Happy
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think John Gruber of Daring Fireball put it best when he said:
Quote:
And for those of you who’ve already bought one and are pissed about the price cut, if you didn’t think the iPhone was worth $599, you shouldn’t have bought it. That’s how supply and demand works.

Yes, it kinda stinks that it went down by such a huge chunk of money relatively quickly, but that's how the technology market works, especially the cell phone market.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just imagine all those people who queued for days to be the first to own an iPhone, and then spent the next few weeks showing it off to any one who would look, I bet they are all now in hiding whilst all their mates laugh at them. Laughing

Seriously though, I would be pretty pissed off if it had happened to me. In fact it did with the Ipod Video, I had just bought the previous iPod and within 2 weeks the video was launched and the price slightly reduced. I really felt cheated by Apple and have since always kept my eye on apple prior to buying anything, this is probably why I was so cautious when buying the mini as I knew they would bring out another model straight after I had bought.

As I said above, I now wait for apple to upgrade before buying, and I'm always a nervous buyer when it comes to apple products. This doesn't do Apple any good long term.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I can just imagine all those people who queued for days to be the first to own an iPhone, and then spent the next few weeks showing it off to any one who would look, I bet they are all now in hiding whilst all their mates laugh at them. Laughing

Those same people could just take the attitude. I'm so rich that $200 makes no difference to me. Only those who truly couldn't afford the iPhone would be upset.

I once read that Bill Gates makes $500 per second. If he dropped $500 it wouldn't be worth his time to pick it up, he would be losing money because his effort would be better spent focusing on business.

Now that's mind blowing.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I once read that Bill Gates makes $500 per second. If he dropped $500 it wouldn't be worth his time to pick it up, he would be losing money because his effort would be better spent focusing on business.

On a related note, Carlos Slim (the Mexican businessman, some say the richest man in the world at the moment), makes on average, $27 million per day, based on investments and interest. I probably won't even come close to that in my entire lifetime. It boggles the mind.
Ianham

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Early Adopters of the iPhone be given a $200 cred Reply with quote

Well they are not getting $200 back only $100!!!!

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

Quote:
To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO

Edit: I just got home from school, I just realized that this was posted else where.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: aw Reply with quote

I wanted the people who bought early to be given a whip of the hands not $100 credit Laughing .

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: