123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planar Intros New Widescreen LCD Displays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Planar Intros New Widescreen LCD Displays Reply with quote

Planar Intros New Widescreen LCD Displays
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Posted by: Brian

Planar has announced the addition of three widescreen LCD desktop monitors to its PX product line. The new models are branded as the PX2611W, PX2411W and PX2210MW, and come in 26-, 24- and 22-inch screen sizes, respectively. According to the company, "the new displays were developed to sustain high-end graphics and other demanding applications required by specific specialty markets, such as graphic design, video editing and computer-assisted design manufacturing, finance, advertising and marketing professionals. Widescreen displays, such as the PX line, are capable of displaying multiple application windows, Web pages, or documents simultaneously, which limits the time spent switching between windows and programs."

Additional features are listed below:

PX2611W
- Planar's RapidVideo accelerator and 5ms gray-to-gray response time
- DVI-D, VGA video inputs and 4-Port USB 2.0 for flexible monitor setup and an easy interface with printers and other peripherals
- QuadStand with an extended 2.2 inches of height adjustment and 340 degrees swivel
- WUXGA 1920 x 1200 widescreen resolution
- $899

PX2411W
- Planar's RapidVideo accelerator and 6ms gray-to-gray response time
- DVI-D, VGA video inputs
- QuadStand with over 3.5 inches of height adjustment and 25 degrees of tilt
- WUXGA 1920 x 1200 widescreen resolution
- $599

PX2210MW
- DVI-D (with HDCP) and VGA video inputs
- Built-in TrueMedia speakers and headphone jack
- WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050 widescreen resolution
- 5ms response time
- 36 percent more room screen space than a standard 19" 4:3 monitor
- $299

All Planar desktop monitors include a three-year warranty with free, 2-Day Air advance product replacement for all three years.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/733.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look nice, but I'm still waiting on the 27" Dell. Let's get that thing under $1000 Mr. Dell! Smile
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the 22" model has an 8-bit panel. Most of the 22" Dell and ViewSonic LCDs only have 6-bit panels. But it's a shame that it doesn't offer height and swivel adjustments.
Ivan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the 22" from Newegg to use with my Core Duo Mac mini. It's a beautiful display for under $300 bills. The screen is bright with no bleeding. The built-in speakers are kind of crappy, but I wasn't expecting much from them. The display also sits kind of low, and there is no height adjustment. I really can't think of anything else bad to say about. It's just a nice simple display. I also like that flat black coloring, but could've done without the white Planar logo on the top. I'll try to send in a picture for the photo gallery here once I clean up my desk. It's pretty messy right now! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: