123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato Intros EyeTV 250 Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Elgato Intros EyeTV 250 Plus Reply with quote

Elgato Intros EyeTV 250 Plus
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Posted by: Glenn

Elgato today announced the EyeTV 250 Plus, a new hybrid television tuner and video converter with hardware-based encoding for the Mac. The EyeTV 250 Plus receives both free over-the-air HDTV as well as analog TV, and offers a complete solution for moving your video collection from VHS tape to DVD-Video. The package includes EyeTV 2 software, infrared remote control, a USB extension cable, and a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video. It also comes with Roxio Toast 8 Basic, enabling you to burn your recordings to DVD using EyeTV's one-click "Toast" button, without the need to buy additional software. The Elgato EyeTV 250 Plus is priced at $199.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/727.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have a trade-in program for 250 owners? Laughing

I bought mine pre-Hybrid and crave HD in the worst way.
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know too much about this kind of hardware, but it's nice that this product ships with Toast 8 Basic Cool
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought a little about buying the HDHomerun, but this upgrade to the EyeTV 250 looks pretty sweet. Having a hardware encoder is a big plus in my eyes. The price could be a little lower though. I really wish that Elgato and Miglia would stop charging such a pretty penny for their stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: