123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LINDY Announces Mini NAS Enclosure for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: LINDY Announces Mini NAS Enclosure for Mac mini Reply with quote

LINDY Announces Mini NAS Enclosure for Mac mini
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Posted by: Brian

LINDY today announced the availability of its Mini NAS Enclosure for the Mac mini. Compatible with standard 3.5" ATA hard drives, the NAS enclosure allows users to backup data and share files easily over a network or the internet. The enclosure has a built-in FTP server that allows up to five consecutive users to connect via FTP, support for Samba server with hosting for 64 online clients and a password protected browser based user interface for easy configuration. It connects to the network via a standard10/100 RJ-45 Ethernet connection and can be used by any Mac or PC computer. The LINDY Mini NAS Enclosure is available in the UK and priced at £64.99. We don't know if the product will be offered in the US at this time.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/705.html
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a lot like the Sabrent hard drive enclosure... just with NAS instead of Firewire... it also looks like it may have a fan in there!

- shane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make a Firewire and USB model that looks exactly like the Sabrent. I've looked at it a few times on Amazon.co.uk. I wonder what the quality of these enclosures is really like? I know they don't seem to be as popular as the MiniStack or LaCie Mini on here.

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolder/04/42919/index.php

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drive-Enclosure-Mini-Drives-FireWire/dp/B000I2JX08
johnodd4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great another cheap europe piece of junk.

I would rather purchase seagates new wireless hard drive network inerface with the nice 1 terabyte hard drive forr $599.99
cornishmanc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Power-down? Reply with quote

I am looking for a NAS that powers-down properly when I swich my Mac(s) off. At the moment I just use an Iomega USB2 500GB drive that spins furiously whatever my computer is doing. Any suggestions? I am based in the UK, thanks for any help.
Tuishimi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I would say the only drawback is that there is no firewire for direct connections... but I understand that since it is network enabled that it might not a) have the space for it and b) USB is ubiquitous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jema6666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: LINDY Announces Mini NAS Enclosure for Mac mini Reply with quote

LINDY today announced the availability of its Mini NAS Enclosure for the Mac mini. Compatible with standard 3.5" ATA hard drives, the NAS enclosure allows users to backup data and share files ...

This is a peace of junk. Cheap, I think the value is even less then what you feel when it's in your hand. The fan is very loud. Don't put it in front of your eyes, you can loose them. The blue light ( why the hell a mini design and a blue, not a white light?) on the right side is bright like a laser, impossible to have it in front on you. The color and the hight is different to the mini, for whatever reason. To make it short, NOT recommended.

Jens
2 Mac Mini 2.33,4GB,Macbook Pro 17"2.4,4GB,Macbook Pro 15" 2.2,4GB,Imac 2.13,4GB,Macbook 2.00,4GB,Ipod Classic 160 GB, Ipod 80GB,Ipod 30GB,Iphone16GB,Cinema Display23",Cinema Display30",Studio Display HD 23"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: