123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini for designing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csung

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: mini for designing? Reply with quote

I'm anxiously thinking of getting a 1.42 gHz Mini and using it for a couple of graphic design programs ... I'm a designer and I have an iMac G5 at work (not sure which one), but want to get a Mac for those days I can finish up work at home. I want to run the standard design programs, i.e. Photoshop CS, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark -- not all at the time, of course, but I will be using them regularly. Is it a bad idea to get the 1.42 Mini (upgraded to 512 RAM)? I've looked at some reviews and it sounds like what I want to do with the Mini is too intensive.

Thanks!
billabong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

na it will be fine. Just upgrade the memory to as high as you can afford. Or steal the iMac G5 from work and bring it home with you every night! Very Happy
Geoarts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should see no problem if you add enough ram. I'm running most of those same apps on my flatscreen G4 iMac. It's a 700mhz machine with only 384 megs in it and it does fine.

I'm getting a 256 meg Mini soon but I'll be upgrading the ram to 1 gig a soon as I have my apps installed and it all set up. More later...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: