123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone issues...anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: iPhone issues...anyone? Reply with quote

Got my 8Gb iPhone and love it so far, just have noticed a few glitches.

1) Touchscreen sometimes does something other than what I intended (ex. slide to delete mail in preview and it selects it instead)

2)App closes and goes to "home screen" in the middle of using the app (just waiting for the "______ application closed unexpectedly... Smile ) (ex. viewing pictures all the sudden I am at home screen)

Other than those mine works fabulously LOVE THIS PHONE, I will be selling my old AT&T phone and my iPod which will offset the cost of the phone by almost half!!!

Add your glitches/fixes at will...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: iPhone issues...anyone? Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
1) Touchscreen sometimes does something other than what I intended (ex. slide to delete mail in preview and it selects it instead)

Maybe try exaggerating the slide from left to right to delete the message?
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my dad have the 8GB iPhone and it works flawlessly, no problems at all
Top 25 Poster
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: sensitive side of the iPhone? Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Got my 8Gb iPhone and love it so far, just have noticed a few glitches.

First off good for you.
hackersmovie wrote:
2)App closes and goes to "home screen" in the middle of using the app (just waiting for the "______ application closed unexpectedly... Smile ) (ex. viewing pictures all the sudden I am at home screen)

Are you accidentally hitting the home button? I haven't seen an iPhone yet, but I've used touch sensitive button devices and if it's not a hard button it would respond to slight pressure (like you wrist while touching the screen) and going off.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon, The home button is a "hard key", I don't think you can accidentally hit it, you have to press it fairly hard. Good thought though.

As far as an exaggerated slide, it may be but the phone works with taps and slides, normally the actions can not be confused and each action only performs one task. i.e. - slide would ask to delete while taping would open the message in mail.

I am getting more proficient with the phone, it really takes some getting used to, again, when your used to the hard way (PC's and regular cell phones) it takes a little to stop over thinking things and get into that "Apple" frame of mind.

Thanks for the replies...keep em' coming, I am sure others are/will have these same issues...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be correct, it might just be the fact of getting used to the touch-screen. I'm sure it's pretty sensitive, and you can make some small touch and slide mistakes.
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 8GB as well and sometimes Safari crashes on it when you have more than one tab open. Sometimes the Pictures app can get a little sketchy as well, but I have only had one minor freeze.

Maybe see if Safari is open with a few tabs - that is probably causing your problem!

Hope this helps!

-jb

P.S. I love it too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I haven't had the problem of stuff crashing on it yet.I'm writing this on my iPhone
Top 25 Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: