123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases iTunes 7.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases iTunes 7.3 Reply with quote

zuzu wrote:
RickB wrote:
I'm glad they added the feature, but I keep getting the message "Your Apple TV is not authorized to play this content". The thumbnail previews, roll names and slideshow names from the other computer even show up on the main Photos menu. Confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_restrictions_management

DRM technologies attempt to control or prevent access to or copying of digital media, which can otherwise be copied with very little cost or effort.

Evil or Very Mad

There is no DRM. I only get this message when I try streaming my iPhoto pics from a second Mac. I might try restoring my Apple TV. Something just isn't right with how the Apple TV is connecting to the streaming machine. There are like four Apple TVs listed in the iTunes 7.3 preferences that are allowed to connect. They all say streaming.
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: won't launch after update.... Reply with quote

Hmmm... I just updated my iTunes to this latest version and now it won't launch. I have it in my dock... when I click on it, it bounces a few times and then stops. The program won't start. Worked fine before the upgrade...

Anyone have any suggestions....? Sad
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: won't launch after update.... Reply with quote

Mac Migs wrote:
Hmmm... I just updated my iTunes to this latest version and now it won't launch. I have it in my dock... when I click on it, it bounces a few times and then stops. The program won't start. Worked fine before the upgrade...

I have the exact same problem. I even went online and downloaded it again, no help.
Top 25 Poster
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: won't launch after update.... Reply with quote

heavy_nutz wrote:
Mac Migs wrote:

I have the exact same problem. I even went online and downloaded it again, no help.

I tried repairing my disk permissions. As it was repairing permissions, in the scrolling log I noticed that it did repair a permission for iTunes but it still won't launch

Sad Question
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: won't launch after update.... Reply with quote

Mac Migs wrote:
heavy_nutz wrote:
Mac Migs wrote:

I tried repairing my disk permissions. As it was repairing permissions, in the scrolling log I noticed that it did repair a permission for iTunes but it still won't launch

Sad Question

Damn, I am gonna try to find itunes 7.2
Top 25 Poster
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: won't launch after update.... Reply with quote

heavy_nutz wrote:
Mac Migs wrote:
heavy_nutz wrote:
Mac Migs wrote:

Sad Question

Damn, I am gonna try to find itunes 7.2

Here you go...

oldapps.com

I'm downloading 7.2 now... I hope it works.... Confused

Geez... it won't let me downgrade to 7.2 on the same volume I have 7.3 on.
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Top 25 Poster
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavy_nutz wrote:
Thank you

You're very welcome Smile

Are you going to install 7.2 on a different volume...?
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Migs wrote:
heavy_nutz wrote:
Thank you

No I am putting it back on my internal and then updating again. I need the iphone support
Top 25 Poster
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavy_nutz wrote:
Mac Migs wrote:
heavy_nutz wrote:
Thank you

No I am putting it back on my internal and then updating again. I need the iphone support

Do you usually boot up from an external hd...? I tried installing 7.2 to my internal ( I don't have an external ). I got an error message saying I already have a newer version of iTunes so it wouldn't let me install 7.2.

Did you buy an iPhone tonight...? I bought mine online from the Apple store. Didn't feel like waiting in line at the local AT&T store. I hope it comes sooner than 2-4 weeks which is what the Apple store invoice said... Crying or Very sad
heavy_nutz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was inline then they sold out of the 8gb so I will get one tomorrow or sunday
Top 25 Poster
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed 7.3 on an iMac and mini (both PPC) when I got home from work yesterday. It wouldn't launch on either computer. I was able to get it running by simply restarting both machines. Everything seems to be working fine now. Screwy!

The Apple TV photo streaming is working great. I like how you select different folders and not limited to iPhoto. I would imagine this was done for Windows, but it works just as well on a Mac.
iLife's a Bitch!
Mac Migs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I installed 7.3 on an iMac and mini (both PPC) when I got home from work yesterday. It wouldn't launch on either computer. I was able to get it running by simply restarting both machines. Everything seems to be working fine now. Screwy!

The Apple TV photo streaming is working great. I like how you select different folders and not limited to iPhoto. I would imagine this was done for Windows, but it works just as well on a Mac.

I still can't get my iTunes 7.3 to open/launch. Just woke up and was hoping some little elf's would sneak into my house to fix the problem overnight while I was sleeping but.... it didn't happen. Guess I'll have to wait for a fix.... Confused
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, mine launches just fine, and the new iPhone support will be handy when I get mine down the road.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Migs wrote:
I still can't get my iTunes 7.3 to open/launch. Just woke up and was hoping some little elf's would sneak into my house to fix the problem overnight while I was sleeping but.... it didn't happen. Guess I'll have to wait for a fix.... Confused

I would try trashing the com.apple.iTunes.plist, com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist, and com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist files in your ~/Library/Preferences folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: