123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppleTV skin stickers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaidomac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: AppleTV skin stickers Reply with quote

Just noticed that DecalGirl is selling AppleTV skins:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,246.htm

My favorite:

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,6562.htm

Laughing
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Call me boring, but I like the oak. It might match my TV stand. I wonder why they don't offer solid colors? I'm sure black would be a big seller.
kaidomac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
Cool! Call me boring, but I like the oak. It might match my TV stand. I wonder why they don't offer solid colors? I'm sure black would be a big seller.

The wood actually looks really good. I have an American Cherry wood and a Burlwood skin on two of my Xbox consoles. The high-definition printing and glossy finish look fantastic. I've never been a big fan of stickers before this company since I airbrush and prefer to paint my hardware, but the quality is pretty dang nice on these. Their iPod stickers are also really nice.

I'm guessing they don't offer solid colors because the skin only covers the top of the AppleTV - more interesting to have a design since it's only a top cover, I guess. I believe you can do custom requests but I've only bought pre-made designs in the past.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: AppleTV skin stickers Reply with quote

kaidomac wrote:

My favorite:

Laughing

I think that set has the coolest skin for the remote. To be honest, though, I would be afraid to use one of the top skins. It may become permanently bonded or get all icky as hot as my Apple TV runs. Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaidomac wrote:
Burlwood skin

I almost bought a used Dell 8100 laptop with burlwood inserts in the palm rests and on the back of the display a long time ago. The burlwood skin they offer for the Apple TV looks cool too. As you can tell, I'm kind of a sucker for wood grains. I even have a cool little cedar chest on my computer desk that I keep all of my iPod stuff in.
kaidomac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: AppleTV skin stickers Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
kaidomac wrote:

My favorite:

Laughing

I think that set has the coolest skin for the remote. To be honest, though, I would be afraid to use one of the top skins. It may become permanently bonded or get all icky as hot as my Apple TV runs. Laughing

Just FYI, I've put a number of these stickers on Xbox consoles and they can still be peeled off easily, even after a year. I think they use magic glue or something Shocked
kaidomac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
kaidomac wrote:
Burlwood skin

I almost bought a used Dell 8100 laptop with burlwood inserts in the palm rests and on the back of the display a long time ago. The burlwood skin they offer for the Apple TV looks cool too. As you can tell, I'm kind of a sucker for wood grains. I even have a cool little cedar chest on my computer desk that I keep all of my iPod stuff in.

The wood stickers are really classy. My American Cherry wood skin looks awesome on my Xbox in my living room (as awesome/classy as you can make an Xbox look, lol).
Scarpad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs too hot I would fear for fire applying something like this
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarpad wrote:
It runs too hot I would fear for fire applying something like this

I think that is the general consensus after seeing these posted around. Heck, I just got over the fear of leaving my Apple TV plugged in when I leave home. Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: