123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple TV server glitch on Wednesday May 30, 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luan Do

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Apple TV server glitch on Wednesday May 30, 2007 Reply with quote

My ATV was not functional for a short while today. The menu screens were constantly switched to and from a blank screen with the Apple logo.

After about half an hour with Apple's first level tech support, my issue was escalated to a higher level support. That was when I was told Apple TV server had a glitch and nothing was wrong with my unit. I was told that I need to disable my wireless router so that my ATV does not communicate with Apple's server so that I can use my ATV, if it was synced.

Luckily, the problem was fixed a couple of hours later, and my ATV started working fine again. I sure hope it won't happen again.

I was expecting my ATV to be as reliable as an appliance, such as a toaster. However, it is not the case. Since I dont' sync any music or video with my ATV, my unit was useless during the Apple's technical difficulty with its ATV server.

On another topic, I saw Costco selling ATV for about $10 less than Apple's list price. I also saw refurbished ATV for $249 at Apple's online store. It was the refurb 40 Gig HD version, not the newer 160 Gig HD version. I'd pick up another unit, if it gets down to $200.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple TV server glitch on Wednesday May 30, 2007 Reply with quote

I think the iTMS servers were getting nailed today because of iTunes 7.2. I wasn't able to connect to a few things this afternoon. I wasn't on my Apple TV today, but I would guess all that traffic was causing the trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Apple TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: