123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumor: Mac Mini To Be Discontinued?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
A new thread... how did you get rid of your old Apple...

eBay many times. I've always been happy with the amount of money, usually getting more than I'd get in most places.
lumberjack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
lumberjack wrote:
A new thread... how did you get rid of your old Apple...

eBay many times. I've always been happy with the amount of money, usually getting more than I'd get in most places.

Yes, perhaps Bandit Bill's time frame of changing every 2 years is the right way to go, and hoping for a good ebay price.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
Yes, perhaps Bandit Bill's time frame of changing every 2 years is the right way to go, and hoping for a good ebay price.

Every time I buy a new laptop, I tell myself that I will hold on to it for 2-3 years. A year later, and I usually can't even remember who I sold it to. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Russell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay kids, this is truly starting to eat me up. LOL! I want your honest opinions, rumors or not. Do you think Apple and Mr. Jobs would be that stupid and kill off the Mini? This is coming from a dude with limited funds as many of you know. I'll leave the floor to you all. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuishimi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hard to say. I'll bet the mini won't even be mentioned. :/

If they discontinue, I will just buy a new iMac... and my mini will become a collectors item. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Peter Mount

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell wrote:
Okay kids, this is truly starting to eat me up. LOL! I want your honest opinions, rumors or not. Do you think Apple and Mr. Jobs would be that stupid and kill off the Mini? This is coming from a dude with limited funds as many of you know. I'll leave the floor to you all. Smile

I think it would be good for them to have a Mac that's at a price that more people can afford. Of course quality shouldn't be sacrificed.

I'm just sitting back to wait and see what happens. At this stage I'm looking at buying an Intel Mac early next year. I had my heart set on buying a Mac Mini but I'm resigned to the possibility of having to wait a bit longer to buy a more expensive Mac.

As long as the quality is there and it solves my problems it should be worth it in the end.
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mount wrote:
I think it would be good for them to have a Mac that's at a price that more people can afford. Of course quality shouldn't be sacrificed.

If anything, Apple should be increasing the number of entry level Macs.

When I began university in 1992 I desperately wanted a Mac Classic II, but couldn't afford the "low" price of £899. Instead I bought a 386SX, which was the first of a series of Dos/Win PC purchases over the following 12 years. If Apple had ensured that my first computer was a Mac, then all of those subsequent upgrades would also have been Macintoshes.

Kill off the Mini? Might as well buy Microsoft stock.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with JohnnyBoy. Restricting first time buyers looses future Mac customers for possibly life.

I would pay more than the mac mini prices for the right computer spec, I just don't want an integrated display.

so although I would love to see a new mac Mini, I would actually prefer a headless iMAC, a sort of mac mini on steroids, or a baby mac pro. This probably has no chance of ever happening but I can wish
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, just maybe, Apple's Tuesday announcement will deal with the mini.
Russell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read elsewhere that the Mini won't be the topic; that it's the new iMac and possibly iLife '07 among other things. Bummer. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell wrote:
I read elsewhere that the Mini won't be the topic; that it's the new iMac and possibly iLife '07 among other things. Bummer. Crying or Very sad

The bummer is that you're believeing rumors. Until it's at apple.com or comes out of Steve's mouth, it's a rumor. Apple's been known to pull a rabbit out of their hats, and they've also been known to kill something that's been leaked even a few days before it's supposed to released. I'm not saying the rumors are wrong, but don't take them as gospel until Mr. Jobso says so.
Russell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors suck! Rolling Eyes hahaha!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with rumours is, as well as pissing off customers like myself, they must have hit apples sales.

If it hadn't been for the rumours, I would have parted with my money back in January and bought the current mac mini. My duaghter is also after a new PC and assuming I had been impressed with the mini I think it would be safe to say I would have ended up giving my mini to my daughter and buying myself a second one if an upgraded model had been launched. However because I listened to rumours the money is still sat in my bank account and I've still never owned a Mac.
Enjoy Life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing everyone should ask is "What type of computer do I need now and for the next 1 -2 years?" - not "What type of computer do I WANT now?".

Of course we ALL want to buy the newest and fastest of ANYTHING on the block - that's marketing hype (how many of you bought or wanted to buy an iPhone when it first came out?).

From what I see...

- You can upgrade the mini to a Core 2 Dual (depending on the heat)
- You can get 2 GB of memory
- You can add drives to your heart's content

Sure the mini's been out there for a while but it still has life in it!
It is a capable machine and there is software out there that allows you to do what it is intended for.

But if you want it for 1080P HDTV Movie Editing/Displaying, cutting HD Blueray/HDDVD disks and doing extensive graphics design for a business, or for high-end gaming, then the mini is not what you want to get. (different eggs - different basket).

Hmmm... how many of you that want to do that type of editing have a Video camera that records at 1080P?

But for school, hobbies (iTunes/Music, photos), watching movies in today's (480P and 720P) standards, then the mini is a great choice.

It's important to buy smart and, of course, an upgrade path can be an issue. But I don't think it is an issue with the mini

If you wait, you don't have it... and you don't enjoy it.
But if you get it and your don't use it enough, then it's not worth it (might be better off renting one - right?).

Of course, Steve can have some additional secret agenda wrt the mini, I found out years ago, you cannot guess (even with rumors) what apple will do. They are so locked up with what they do - that I would not be surprised that they send out false leads to the community to stay competitive with the likes of MS and LG - that is why they wait to the last second to file their patents (and got scooped by MS with the iPOD patent).

There's no question that there's a war going on out there and that MAC Rumors is one of the battle fields and that we can easily be caught up in collateral damage.

Just my thoughts...

(*o*)~
..'' ''..
DoLu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<rant>I have been waiting to buy a Mac mini for the last two months. I thought that I would have one with a C2D, Nvidia/ATI video and Leopard by now. Not to mention with more standard RAM and a larger capacity hard drive. So here is my message to Apple: No headless Mac for under $1200 equals a new Dell XPS 210/410 with Ubuntu and Vista for me! Get it through your little conceded heads; I don't want an iMac or another system that is connected to freaking a display. Sure you have the Mac Pro, but it's far too expensive. I'm an everyday user, not one of these rich yuppies that goes through computers like water. Or like when it doesn't match my furniture or $600 phone. Do you want a customer like me or not? I sure would like to have a Mac sitting on my desk.</rant> Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: