123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung intros 22-inch LCD with built-in webcam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung intros 22-inch LCD with built-in webcam Reply with quote

Samsung intros 22-inch LCD with built-in webcam
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Posted by: Brian

Samsung today announced its new SyncMaster 225UW widescreen LCD monitor. According to the company, the 22-inch widescreen LCD monitor offers users a simplified experience designed to drive workplace productivity. The widescreen monitor, which features a high-gloss shiny black bezel and a stylish square-based stand, also includes a set of touch-sensitive buttons, enhancing overall ease-of-use and adding an ultra-modern feel. The monitor features a 1680 x 1050 resolution, 5ms response time, 700:1 contrast ratio, 300 nits of brightness and viewing angles of up to 160 degrees. It also comes equipped with a built-in 2.0M pixel high-resolution webcam, dual-array microphone and speakers.

The SyncMaster 225UW is backed by a three-year limited warranty on labor and parts, including the backlight, as well as toll-free technical support for the life of the monitor. Pricing and availability for the SyncMaster 225UW wasn't announced, but we'll keep you posted.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/649.html
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks interesting; I wonder what it will sell for? I have had my eye on the Samsung 22" 225BW for awhile, but it doesn't have any supplementary usb ports like the new UW. 22 inchers are really cheap; not much more than 20 inchers because they have the same resolution. But the larger size without higher resolution is an advantage to people like me who have a hard time reading small text.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
This looks interesting; I wonder what it will sell for? I have had my eye on the Samsung 22" 225BW for awhile, but it doesn't have any supplementary usb ports like the new UW. 22 inchers are really cheap; not much more than 20 inchers because they have the same resolution. But the larger size without higher resolution is an advantage to people like me who have a hard time reading small text.

I think Samsung's other 22" models sale for around $300. My guess is this one will go for around $400 to $500. I would be interested in hearing about the webcam compatibly before buying though. It's definitely an attractive display with a lot features.

By the way, I wonder if Apple will ever go forward with a built-in iSight in the Cinema? Hello Apple! Idea
johnodd4

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow samsung ripped off proview which already has one for 240.00 with the built in camera. Where you watch samsung will charge 300.00 to 500.00 dollers for the unit.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
proview which already has one for 240.00

I don't see anything on their website.
Dinshaw

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung also has a new 24" LCD that goes for around $500. It looks just about the same as this 22”, but without the webcam or speakers. I'm having a hard time deciding between it and the 24" Dell or 23" Cinema. I really thought that Apple would have come out with new Cinemas by now. I guess those rumors about Apple making one with a built-in iSight are turning out to be wrong. That really doesn't surprise me though. Just about 99% of Apple rumors seem to be that way.

Edit: Here is the new 24" model if anyone is interested.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001234
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: