123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple phones, iTunes phones...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Apple phones, iTunes phones... Reply with quote

Get it over with already. I'm sick of hearing about them! Very Happy
andp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will come to an end on Wednesday. Wink
robhfla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the hype I've heard about this phone for about a year now, I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something. This whole time I've been thinking.....big deal??? I mean a phone that can play and download music. Who cares. Is this supposed to make me go crazy?? I really have no use or want something like this. I mean the next time I get a phone if it comes with this feature...fine ok...I won't make them take it out....but I won't be looking for it...nor will I likely use it when it comes in my next phone.

So am I missing something here?? Let me in on this big Earth shattering revolution of the itunes phone.
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority but I want a phone that does one thing and does it well. Handle phone calls. The rest of the stuff, cameras, custom ring tones, music, games, etc. I can do without. Give me a phone that will let me make or receive calls no matter where I am and I'm happy.
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Secret says the phones are going to come in 256MB and 512MB models. That's pretty sad. Songs will cost $2.00 bought over the phone. (cough) rip off (cough)

That being said, I bet they sell tons of them. People will want one just because it has the Apple logo on it. It will become the new cool toy and fashion accessory. Hopefully there will be some other cool features like syncing with iCal and iPhoto.

I agree with Greg. The only thing I want a phone for is to make calls. My two year old Nokia seems to be doing the job. I'd rather see a video iPod and movie store in iTunes.
iLife's a Bitch!
robhfla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see a video ipod as well. But in all honesty how will that work? I mean how long will it take for me to download a movie? If I start today will it done by tomorrow night? I doubt people would be willing to give up that much time to download one movie. Yea I've heard the whole music video thing, which wouldn't take that much time to download, but again....who cares that much about a video? I guess unless you're 15 and have nothing to do all day but watch music videos.

What Apple needs to do is make something about 5X7 in. The thing is a mini computer for basic stuff. Surfing the web, e-mail, and phone capablities. Instead of downloading the movies you can firewire it from your desktop. It's a computer while you're away from home. $700 they would make a fortune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: