123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i don't care (aka-- an ode to my mini)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you love your mini?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 14 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Where can I get one of these "updated girls" you talked about
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

thekonuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: i don't care (aka-- an ode to my mini) Reply with quote

whether or not there's a new mini getting ready to come out... the last thing i am is dissapointed that i didn't hold out in getting one for a few months. i'm perfectly happy with this version and sure, it has it's fault, but what computer doesn't? it's kind of like girls,... they keep getting prettier and prettier with each passing generation, but that doesn't mean i'll trade in my old one for a newer, faster version (although i'd be more than willing to get a second one to keep around the house) Wink i love it for what's on the inside and cheers to all who already have a mini... and also to those who will be getting a new one.... whenever in the future a new one might come out Smile
homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I am in love at the moment, we are still dating. I use it more than my XP machine at home, I am still hashing out it's role on my network, perhaps a MythTV frontend or just feeding tunes to my airport express. Once I find it's place I am sure my love for it will blossom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blackjaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gave my old 1.8ghz pc to my mom and had to help her troubleshoot it twice already (in 2 weeks)

my mini...running perfect (besides my speculation that the fan is running to much or whatnot)

so yes, i do love it
e3mw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mini and I have not met yet. I am a bit skeptical about apple's 'updates' to the mini's because I dont see how they could pull that stuff literally days after I buy a mini... no warning or anything! I'll be calling apple if their 'updates' are significant. But my skeptical self only thinks that apple is giving them a price break. I could be horribly wrong though.

My new mini will be here tomorrow if all goes well, and I'll be posting my impressions then Razz
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
homerjatmoes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3mw wrote:
My mini and I have not met yet. I am a bit skeptical about apple's 'updates' to the mini's because I dont see how they could pull that stuff literally days after I buy a mini... no warning or anything! I'll be calling apple if their 'updates' are significant. But my skeptical self only thinks that apple is giving them a price break. I could be horribly wrong though.

My new mini will be here tomorrow if all goes well, and I'll be posting my impressions then Razz

So Apple should stop selling a product they are updating (and have dropped the prices on since inception) how far in advance? It was a good deal when you purchased it, don't get caught in the newest is always better routine. You know the current model is solid use it and be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IKEAboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my mini (even with its anti-alaised/font-smoothing features).
I'm a bit of a minimalist and appreciate Form over Function, but the mini holds up on both accounts. Its form is nothing less than perfect and its function is of a high standard too. Apple seem to design their products from a minimalist approach, i.e nothing ugly, obtrusive or not required. There is beauty in simplicity of form, even the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse are beautiful things in themselves. Well done Apple.

*Minimalism*
"The state of perfection an object attains when it can no longer be improved by reduction" Laughing
iPod Mini - 4G
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e3mw wrote:

Apple provides a price match kind of thing if they update a product you just bought within 30 days of you buying it. You should definitely call them up if they update the Mini within 30 days of you buying it, as they may offer to replace it with the new version. At the very worst you get some cash back.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
e3mw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerjatmoes wrote:

So Apple should stop selling a product they are updating (and have dropped the prices on since inception) how far in advance? It was a good deal when you purchased it, don't get caught in the newest is always better routine. You know the current model is solid use it and be happy.

I just hate to be left behind, this sort of thing happens to me all the time. But again, I dont think apple is going to do anything major to the Mini, maybe just a price break or something, so it's probably not a big deal
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: