123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I may be wrong. Perhaps there is a new Mini on the way.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clairejr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this thread interesting because the Israeli Apple representative told me more than a month ago that he couldn't guarantee that the Mini would come with Tiger until Apple's Tiger upgrade policy ended on July 22nd. So it sounds to me like something is going to happen this Friday. I didn't want to pay the outrageous price here for the Tiger upgrade ($35) when it should have been included for free, so I've been waiting for the Rev B Mini - hopefully, it'll be this Friday . Very Happy
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clairejr wrote:
I found this thread interesting because the Israeli Apple representative told me more than a month ago that he couldn't guarantee that the Mini would come with Tiger until Apple's Tiger upgrade policy ended on July 22nd. So it sounds to me like something is going to happen this Friday. I didn't want to pay the outrageous price here for the Tiger upgrade ($35) when it should have been included for free, so I've been waiting for the Rev B Mini - hopefully, it'll be this Friday . Very Happy

You know that they all come with the upgrade CD, and if they don't, you can buy it for $10, right?

They will have all Minis loaded with Tiger before they get a Rev. B Mini I'm sure. You should just buy one now and be done with it.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its cool that you get panther and tiger, youre getting 2 operating systems, who can complain with that? jeeze...
jared52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far ahead of the release of an update do they change the shipping. Is it usually a week before?
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-9 years, depending on the paperwork.

ps, i don't lie.

Very Happy
bsnoel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared52 wrote:
OGN wrote:
anthonymoody wrote:
The iBooks in the US store are the same thing (actually 7-10 days). When you check it out, it initially says shipping immediately. But once you build something (or even leave it stock) and click update, the shipping changes...

Looks like next Tues/Weds could be a great day!

TM

Next week could be fun! Very Happy

Dang. I bought my Mac Mini at Best Buy on July 9. It has a 14 day return policy so if they come out with something new next Tuesday, I'm gonna be ticked off. I'm tempted to just take it back and wait until since this whole 5-7 day shipping thing is usually a good sign of an update.

Do you really think it will be next Tuesday or is there a chance it could happen by Saturday?

I would not take it back based on rumor in a web forum. (And heck, I started this one.) Enjoy what you have, even if Apple does change something you can bet it will be a really minor trivial change. This thread was started, because this topic is become popular and it is fun to discuss. Don't make important decisions based on rumors.

A guy that worked in my department quit work last week. He just up and quit out of the blue after working 7 years. We don't really know why he quit. However, I have heard at least 15 rumors all of them wrong and ludicrous as to why he quit. The point don't make decisions based on rumors, they are unreliable. On the other hand, its fun to wish for a new Mac Mini!

Last edited by bsnoel on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor guy Confused
droconn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Apple is clearing out some of the Mac minis to overstock.com:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1190

What does this generally mean when Apple does this? Particularly when the models haven't even had a refresh?
habib

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WC3_Gamer: do you play WC3 on mac? what's the performance?
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet, I'm getting my mini really soon though, but everyone I've asked (that plays, of course) says that it runs pretty smoothly. I heard one kid talk about 1280x1024 as being relatively smooth with some things turned off, but that's I think the highest resolution for the game. The PC I'm on right now is playing it at 640x480 Crying or Very sad
jared52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not necessarily the rumors I am basing my decision on, it's history. Apple is showing signs like they are going to be updating and if it's even just a memory or video card upgrade, it would be worth it to me. I still have 256MB of memory on mine and if I can get 512MB through the update it would be worth it to me.
habib

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WC3_Gamer wrote:
not yet, I'm getting my mini really soon though, but everyone I've asked (that plays, of course) says that it runs pretty smoothly. I heard one kid talk about 1280x1024 as being relatively smooth with some things turned off, but that's I think the highest resolution for the game. The PC I'm on right now is playing it at 640x480 Crying or Very sad

I've tryed WC3 on ASUS laptop with the same video (32Mb ati9200) and athlon XP 2500+. It worked really fine. But Athlon is faster than G4
blenderdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New iBook, Mac mini part numbers appear
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook2.html

w00t!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. I can hardly wait to see what will be available. I'll probably still be content with my Rev A.

I love it when Apple releases something new.
jared52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that does it... it's going back to Best Buy tomorrow. I'll be Mac less (but hopefully for only the early part of next week). I just don't want to miss out on a *possible* video card upgrade or memory or Superdrive (wishful thinking).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: