123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I may be wrong. Perhaps there is a new Mini on the way.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 613

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I may be wrong. Perhaps there is a new Mini on the way. Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm loving my Rev A... today!!!


Agreed. I'm beginning to believe that every Mac site should have a dedicated Rumors Forum. Wink
_________________
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
miniStack 500GB
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2762
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see the iBook and Mac mini get revised on the same day!

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook.html
_________________
1.25GHz Mac Mini / 1.8GHz iMac G5 / 2.0GHz C2D Mac mini (2009)
4GB iPod mini / 2G iPod shuffle / 16GB iPhone 3G
Apple TV 2
iLife's a Bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blenderdude
New Member
New Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 18
Location: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both BTO *and* stock Mini's in the US apple store have shipping dates of 5-7 days now!

I'm prayin for an update soon... there seem to be more signs this time 'round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blenderdude wrote:
Both BTO *and* stock Mini's in the US apple store have shipping dates of 5-7 days now!

I'm prayin for an update soon... there seem to be more signs this time 'round.


I just noticed the same thing. Very Happy
_________________
2.4GHz MacBook Pro/4GB/320GB HD
2.26GHz Mac mini/4GB/500GB HD
16GB iPhone 3G
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blackjaw
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 112

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not really feasible (in my opinion) that apple would update a system that was just released 7 months ago

even though they are switching to intel, i heard it would be another year or so before they started to implement them into their systems

who knows though....but i didnt buy my mini for the sheer power (i wouldve gone with a dual g5 or something)...i bought it for the convenience of osX, price, size, and to get away from my damn pc
_________________
1.42 ghz mac mini w/ 1gig ram
17" LG flatron 1720p
30GB ipod photo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
anthonymoody
Member
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2005
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iBooks in the US store are the same thing (actually 7-10 days). When you check it out, it initially says shipping immediately. But once you build something (or even leave it stock) and click update, the shipping changes...

Looks like next Tues/Weds could be a great day!

TM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philpro68
Member
Member


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 82
Location: Maumelle, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
bsnoel wrote:
When did Apple drop the RAM prices for the Mini? 512MB is only $50.00 and 1GB is now "only" $225?


A really long time ago. They also dropped the price for the KBM set at the same time I believe.

It sure seems like Apple would do better on the 1G Ram. I think they lose a lot of ram upgrades because of the price difference from 512MB to 1G. I got the 512MB because I knew if it wasn't sufficient, I could get it alot cheaper. Confused
_________________
Mac: Mac mini 1.42 512MB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthonymoody wrote:
The iBooks in the US store are the same thing (actually 7-10 days). When you check it out, it initially says shipping immediately. But once you build something (or even leave it stock) and click update, the shipping changes...

Looks like next Tues/Weds could be a great day!

TM


Next week could be fun! Very Happy
_________________
2.4GHz MacBook Pro/4GB/320GB HD
2.26GHz Mac mini/4GB/500GB HD
16GB iPhone 3G
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jared52
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
anthonymoody wrote:
The iBooks in the US store are the same thing (actually 7-10 days). When you check it out, it initially says shipping immediately. But once you build something (or even leave it stock) and click update, the shipping changes...

Looks like next Tues/Weds could be a great day!

TM


Next week could be fun! Very Happy


Dang. I bought my Mac Mini at Best Buy on July 9. It has a 14 day return policy so if they come out with something new next Tuesday, I'm gonna be ticked off. I'm tempted to just take it back and wait until since this whole 5-7 day shipping thing is usually a good sign of an update.

Do you really think it will be next Tuesday or is there a chance it could happen by Saturday?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 537
Location: Hawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared52 wrote:


Dang. I bought my Mac Mini at Best Buy on July 9. It has a 14 day return policy so if they come out with something new next Tuesday, I'm gonna be ticked off. I'm tempted to just take it back and wait until since this whole 5-7 day shipping thing is usually a good sign of an update.

Do you really think it will be next Tuesday or is there a chance it could happen by Saturday?


You're in a tuff position. I would be tempted to return it before this Friday! Confused
_________________
2.4GHz MacBook Pro/4GB/320GB HD
2.26GHz Mac mini/4GB/500GB HD
16GB iPhone 3G
2 x 20" Apple Cinemas
http://www.hawaiimacnuts.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blackjaw
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 112

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jared52 wrote:
OGN wrote:
anthonymoody wrote:
The iBooks in the US store are the same thing (actually 7-10 days). When you check it out, it initially says shipping immediately. But once you build something (or even leave it stock) and click update, the shipping changes...

Looks like next Tues/Weds could be a great day!

TM


Next week could be fun! Very Happy


Dang. I bought my Mac Mini at Best Buy on July 9. It has a 14 day return policy so if they come out with something new next Tuesday, I'm gonna be ticked off. I'm tempted to just take it back and wait until since this whole 5-7 day shipping thing is usually a good sign of an update.

Do you really think it will be next Tuesday or is there a chance it could happen by Saturday?


i bought mine from best buy on july 7th...like i said before, im taking bets that it doesnt get an update...even if it does, i will probably stick with this one as it will probably be cheaper than an update
_________________
1.42 ghz mac mini w/ 1gig ram
17" LG flatron 1720p
30GB ipod photo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WC3_Gamer
Member
Member


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 202
Location: Left the forums, goodbye to all

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 99% sure that this IS just a rumor, there is a rumor every 3 days on some sites, its mostly bs, why would they put a chip into the mini that will be replaced so soon by the macintel chips, its pointless.
_________________
Gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 1303
Location: Providence, Rhode Island

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WC3_Gamer wrote:
i'm 99% sure that this IS just a rumor, there is a rumor every 3 days on some sites, its mostly bs, why would they put a chip into the mini that will be replaced so soon by the macintel chips, its pointless.


Actually, I would be suprised if this isn't true. I don't know about timing, but it'd make sense. It'd probably come out the 25th, as Apple is particularly fond of Tuesdays. An iBook revision is past due. This would also mean that the PowerBooks would be updated soon, and they need an upgrade/redesign also.

Now that Apple has everyone scared into submission, the rumors coming out of the mill seem to be pretty much on target.
_________________
Computer Engineer
Junior, Brown University
15" NC8430 HP Laptop
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 2173
Location: Columbus, WI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
Now that Apple has everyone scared into submission, the rumors coming out of the mill seem to be pretty much on target.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that a Mac mini update will NOT be coming out next tuesday... Smile
_________________
-=iMav=-
http://geekhack.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 1303
Location: Providence, Rhode Island

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
Susurrus wrote:
Now that Apple has everyone scared into submission, the rumors coming out of the mill seem to be pretty much on target.

I'd be willing to put money on the fact that a Mac mini update will NOT be coming out next tuesday... Smile


If you're talking about the 2nd of August like I am, they I may have to take you up on that bet...

For the iBook, that is. I don't think we'll see a Mini update for a while, even if the rumor mills are churning that news out.
_________________
Computer Engineer
Junior, Brown University
15" NC8430 HP Laptop
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.