123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lexmark Announces New Wireless Inkjet Printers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Lexmark Announces New Wireless Inkjet Printers Reply with quote

Lexmark Announces New Wireless Inkjet Printers
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Posted by: Brian

Lexmark today announced that, with the introduction of its 2007 product line, it will offer customers an affordable range of wireless printers with prices starting at $79.99. Eight out of the company's twelve new inkjet printers being introduced in 2007 will have wireless capabilities spanning four-in-one, three-in-one and single-function printer categories. Available in the second quarter of 2007 are the Lexmark X4550 Wireless All-in-One ($129.99), the Lexmark Z1420 Wireless Color Printer ($79.99), and the Lexmark X3550 Color All-in-One with wireless as an optional feature ($79.99). All three printers are compatible with PCs and Macs. The remaining wireless offerings will be introduced and available later this year.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/635.html
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that X4550 is a sharp looking printer. I've always heard that Lexmark printers use ink like water though. They also seem to have expensive replacement cartridges from what I've seen. Although, the ones for my HP aren't that much better. The Lexmark cartridges may hold more ink too.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Lexmark printers, but these actually look pretty cool.
ArsenicPants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these things look great

lexmark printers do eat up ink like there's no tomorrow though, i've got one of their all-in-one X1150's
i replaced it with an older Epson Stylus color 740i because it uses much less ink, and is actually faster and much easier to work with on my mac
the only thing i miss is my scanner, but even the scanner wasn't that great

i really wish printing companies would make more affordable 11 x 17 capable printers, laser or inkjet
i almost never print 8.5 x 11's
grayskyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former employee of HP, we would use the lexmark for our, "Look how much money in ink you'll waste with that printer" demos. And almost always the images looked way oversaturated and soft. I'm not exactly an HP fanboy, I think they missed the mark on not being able to print directly onto a dvd (which I do all the time), They also suck at printing 11x18 inch photos, and the lastly the all in one I got is expensive in ink.The office I work in let me choose the printers we use and this the tally so far. I am 3 for 1.

My printers are as follows:

Home: canon ip4000
USE: cd/dvd printing/ girlfriends homework/bills
PROS: prints directly onto dvds w/ simple hack cheap/economical on supplies
CONS: No wireless printing models

Office: HP Laserjet 1300 w/ extra ram
USE:30 page Newsletters/ office email/ letters on fancy paper
PROS: cheap/economical on supplies
CONS: a bit slow on graphics

Office: HP 6180 Inkjet all in one
USE: Mostly faxes and copies
PROS:wireless and ethernet printing fast copies
CONS:eats ink like crazy on a very low paper count in econo mode

Office: HP 2015
USE: Customer invoicing (about 50-75 a day)
PROS: Very fast perfect professional looking copies
CONS: Big Machine, no space saving here.

My two cents is that lexmark will have to move away from the cheap thin plastics they were using and have a better printing/ink system. They were using old hp technology for a real long time. i'm willing to read the reviews but, they ahve to be DAMN good.

Lates,
~C
.• MACBOOK PRO 2.33• AIRPORT EXTREME N STATION• MAC OCTO PRO
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy with my Lexmark printer, and I have printed off many documents without having to change the cartridge since Christmas. I don't know the life-span of an ink cartridge, but I think the Lexmark still has a long way to go...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: