123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Fi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frecklefacecase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Hi Fi? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone has bought a iPod Hi-Fi yet? If so, do you like it? Your thoughts?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it in the Apple store, I would pass. For the price you could do better. Appreciate the sound enjoyment is subjective and opinions will vary.

If you want computer/home stereo speakers having physical separation of the left/right channel is important.

If you want a boom box there are many other options that put out more sound, have the ability to detach the speakers and are much less money.

Ipod connectivity without a video out option was a big mistake on the iPod Hifi.
tiiger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got one for our office. It sounds fabulous, but if you wanted more features, for the same price, you could get a fairly nice mini system that has radio/cd/aux in...

We actually use it more for streaming using AirTunes, rather than putting an iPod on it... but it'll work great for our off-site events...

The thing really does kick some serious butt, though... Not sure how many watts it's pushing through, but it gets quite loud without distortion. Crisp, clean sound...
Frecklefacecase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what i think as well.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say it's quite the ugliest Apple product I've ever seen. It's like they either tried and tried to design something asthetically pleasing and gave up, or simply didn't try at all.

The Affinity Trap - "knocked my socks off" - Norman Spinrad

www.martinsketchley.co.uk
Mr.187

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just bought the Apple Hi-Fi, like the look and I'm still having a play with the iPod's EQ, a great set of speakers.
I would say that they are worth the money. I've been using mine out in the garden, much better than the headphones.

Had: Core Duo Mac Mini, 30GB Video iPod,ATV and the Apple Hi-Fi.
Doug Eldred
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one to replace a Bose SoundDock, and am happy with my choice. Short of a lab doing formal acoustics testing, most of this is subjective - some like/hate the design, some think the sound is better/worse than XYZ, and of course some are really better served by a dock connected to an existing audio setup.

Try it and see if YOU like it - the Hi-Fi and some of the competitors are available at local Best Buy and Circuity City, so might be for you too.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: