123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple delays Leopard until October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brendan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris..S wrote:

Apple is no longer a computer company. Its a music company. The convergence of music players and phones is the biggest thing likely to happening for technology companies. If Apple doesn't provide a product in that market (which it basically owns) as soon as it can, it will slowly drift away.

But that is exactly what we are disappointed about. We will be abandoned for the latest craze. I don't mind if Apple wants to reign supreme in the portable media market, just don't do it at the expense of other markets - namely the one I'm interested in Wink Hot young lingerie models are the latest craze - do you think my wife would like it if I pursued them and ignored her?Razz

I guess the timing is off - if I had recently purchased, it probably wouldn't bother me at all. It's just that I was holding out for Leopard and hopefully some upgrades.

Brendan
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$20 bucks says the iPhone is delayed in June.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightondamark wrote:

I don't think that's going to happen. Since Apple has already backed out of the expected June Leopard release, hopefully they won't delay another product release. Though it may happen, I sure hope it wont.
DCGuy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what stops apple from UPDATING their HARDWARE line, incl. the Mini, and offer some kind of OS upgrade discount later?

Can't they upgrade the hardware now, without waiting for new os?
LS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightondamark wrote:

I'll take that bet, but let's up the stakes
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCGuy wrote:
So, what stops apple from UPDATING their HARDWARE line, incl. the Mini, and offer some kind of OS upgrade discount later?

Can't they upgrade the hardware now, without waiting for new os?

Nothing is holding them back! That said, Apple hasn't offered OS upgrade discounts/coupons this far out in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised see a few system updates soon now that Leopard has been pushed back. It's possible that the June release was holding back some announcements. One things is for sure. They are going to need something to spark sales. The Mac mini, iMac and MacBooks haven't been updated in a while and Leepard isn't coming out until the fall. Something has to give.
slickrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to give Apple a 4-month break here. It's not like the end of the world. However, I was surprised to hear they had to pull away people from the OS X team for the iPhone. Where are all those people that would rather work for Apple than Microsoft when you need them? I would send in my resume, but I don't think they are in much need of a phlebotomist.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

It looks like someone here is trying to force Apple's hand. You wouldn't happen to be in the market for a C2D mini? Wink

Damn..., can't one trust than anybody any more, it just feels I'm been betrayed. Crying or Very sad
nonak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well... as lot of people here I have been waiting at least since January (even more but there have been other (financial) reasons on the line) to buy my first Mac ever (a mini). I hold it because Apple announced the release for Spring and I thought I could wait. I was also waiting for an update of the mini. I can't tell you how much I hate the iPhone right now Wink But seriously I don't know what to do. Please don't tell me that this is what happens when you wait, because I m not going to buy a machine and an OS which both are gonna be upgraded soon. I m not willing to pay again to upgrade to Leopard and to iLife with a machine which might not be perfomant enough to fully enjoy those upgrades.

Sorry for the complains, it just needed to get out Very Happy
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Time Machine? I would like to leap forward to October. Mr. Green

Edit: Or go back in time and forget this day ever happened. Laughing
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
snip

Edit: Or go back in time and forget this day ever happened. Laughing

Maybe soon they tell us the Mini will be discontinued, to make matters worse... Sorry, I'm in a pessimistic mood... Twisted Evil
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very bad, looks like i have to hold back on buying a MBP until October... Wait... THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Laughing

I wonder if Apple will give out coupons to new Mac owners to pay for Leopard? You know like completely new Macs.
- iPod Touch 8GB

Visit www.thebigapples.net Very Happy Podcasts, Videos & more Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gtsmith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I bought my first macmini a month ago, so all Mac stuff is new to me and this announcement doesn't bother me in the least. When I was shopping a few weeks back everyone said wait, there'll be an update, new os, etc. Well, I didn't buy into the rumours and as I am a "must have it now" kind of guy, I bought one anyways. Since then I've upgraded to C2D 2Ghz, 2GB RAM and a 160GB internal HDD. So in a sense I guess I have a future mac mini (except for the graphics card being the same). I am enjoying exploring Tiger, perhaps by the time I'm comfortable with it October will be here.

Anyways, I am glad I didn't wait for a redesigned macmini. Rumours = no new mac to play with.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtsmith wrote:
snip Since then I've upgraded to C2D 2Ghz, 2GB RAM and a 160GB internal HDD. So in a sense I guess I have a future mac mini (except for the graphics card being the same). I am enjoying exploring Tiger, perhaps by the time I'm comfortable with it October will be here.
snip

You did it all by yourselves? Surprised
gtsmith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
You did it all by yourselves? Surprised

Yep...took the C2D out of my laptop (put the core duo from the mini back in the laptop of course), grabbed two sticks of RAM and HDD and did the upgrades in about 45 minutes. Not too tough if you know your way around the inside of a computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: