123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple delays Leopard until October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope nobody does buy any old mini CoreDuo any more, so they have to upgrade soon!
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
damn I'm annoyed...

I was buying a Mac Mini in January and held off due to the rumours of a new OS and upgraded Mac Mini, and I have kept holding off after each new rumour, now its wait till October Sad

Thats what you get for waiting Embarassed

I went through the same deal when Apple came out with the silent update 1.5GHz G4 Mac minis. Then I ended up waiting for the Intel Mac minis. I was in a holding pattern for like 6-8 months. It was worth the wait, but very frustrating. I can only say hang in there. Hopefully your patience will be rewarded.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
I hope nobody does buy any old mini CoreDuo any more, so they have to upgrade soon!

It looks like someone here is trying to force Apple's hand. You wouldn't happen to be in the market for a C2D mini? Wink
TheUaRT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by TheUaRT on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
qrayg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... I think they meant to release this info on April 1st... right?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUaRT wrote:

Steve Jobs indirectly said it himself when the iphone was released.

I must have missed that one. What was the quote?

qrayg wrote:
Ummm... I think they meant to release this info on April 1st... right?

I'm sure they were too busy blowing out candles and eating cake. Wink
LS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f*** you iphone
Brendan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
damn I'm annoyed...

I was buying a Mac Mini in January and held off due to the rumours of a new OS and upgraded Mac Mini, and I have kept holding off after each new rumour, now its wait till October Sad

Thats what you get for waiting Embarassed

Exactly my situation. I am tempted to just ride my PPC mini into the ground and go back to Linux when it dies. I see two outcomes - they will concentrate on the stupid iPhone to the detriment of all else and it will fail driving them out of business OR the iPhone will be really successful and the computer segment will be ignored or dismantled. Currently, in my eyes, they are making the mistake many companies do - they neglect their faithful customers in the pursuit of new ones. I would go on ranting about the inroads they made into the PC market share but who knows, maybe Steve isn't interested in that direction anymore.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic.

Brendan
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to hurt Apple in the battle for market share with MS. People will say they're no better. Frankly, I think this was a very bad decision. I don't know what the big deal was with iPhone that they had to rush that through; what kind of competitor pressure is on that?

As for me, I've been waiting on Leopard before buying an Intel mini. If they come up with a mini upgrade very soon, that won't be too bad. But if they don't, I'll be furious. A mini upgrade is way overdue!
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, people are really taking this out on the iPhone. I'll add some fuel to the fire. Why would anyone buy an iPhone that only runs Tiger as its underlining OS? I'm waiting for an iPhone that runs Leopard! Razz

All kidding aside, I am really bummed out by this news. That Leopard demo at the Worldwide Developers Conference better be more complete than last year's demo. They also better show a ton of new features. The ones shown last year were nice, but not enough to make me think Leopard is a million times better than Tiger (which, by the way, happens to be an awesome OS).

Last edited by scooper on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I was buying a Mac Mini in January and held off due to the rumours of a new OS and upgraded Mac Mini

6 more months really sucks.

I personally don't wait for hardware upgrades as they are never ending. Waiting 6 months for Leopard is hardly worth it.

As far as iLife '07 goes. I don't think Apple is going to be naming software by year any longer. It will just be iLife.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this year's been ridiculous, seems like everything gets pushed back, like the apple tv for one, now this. and i'm sure the iphone will be pushed back today.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good example of Apple spreading itself too thin.

Oh well, Tiger still rocks. Too bad the mini hasn't been updated for such a long time.

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris..S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, you would think some one had closed the sweet shop early.

Apple is no longer a computer company. Its a music company. The convergence of music players and phones is the biggest thing likely to happening for technology companies. If Apple doesn't provide a product in that market (which it basically owns) as soon as it can, it will slowly drift away.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow! Is Apple turning into the company that we hate to love or love to hate? Shocked

I'm in no rush for the Leopard that was shown at WWDC anyways. Hell, it was probably a mistake from them to show it that early. I want a BUG FREE Leopard with more features. And with Apple's recent history with problematic products (thinking about the MacBooks here), it would be scary to see them rush Leopard out without getting a final beta in the hands of its developers. I agree with Bandit Bill, they are spreading themselves thin.

It would also appear that Apple is trying to keep Leopard's secret features too close to heart. I guess it's a catch 22 though. They need to have these features tested, but can't reveal them on their own terms. I guess that is what they are going to use WWDC for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: