123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple delays Leopard until October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCGuy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in one devices usually do not do a quality job in combining all of the features together.

You can get a Pocket PC with Mp3, video, internet and GPS - all in one device, but UI sucks, they are slow, and overall designs is poor.

Battery life is another question.
resuna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris..S wrote:
I know exactly what you mean - I don't want a phone+pda. I like my very small single function phone and my separate pda which I can leave behind when I'm not working. But the market for standalone pda's has all but died.
Sometimes a single company can change the fortunes of an industry. Palm owned the low end of the PDA market and threw it away by trying to turn their OS, which was great for small dedicated low power devices, into something that could ccompete with the Pocket PC as a "laptop replacement".

Apple has not up to now made that mistake. They are aggressively targeting the low end with cool products like the new shuffle while maintaining a range of devices through the Nano to the iPod. If Palm had done the same thing they wouldn't now be all-but-dead. Instead, their "Zire" looked cheaper than it was, and they saved a few cents doing things like removing half the buttons to artificially distance it from their midrange... which wasn't really all that different a product.
ddww804

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insiders at the Company manufacturing the Apple iPhone claim that quality problems are causing concen to the extent that the iphone may be delayed past June 11th 2007.
Apple is struggling to deliver a quality iPhone according to insiders at a Taiwanese phone manufacturing Company. Han Hai (aka Foxconn) are concerned that the designs Apple have delivered for manufacturing are not robust enough and that the Apple software functions built into the phone are sucking juice out of the batteries to the extent that talk time is significantly compromised. It is expected that the iPhone will not be launched on June 11th 2007.

According to BusinessWeek in the USA various iPhone suppliers have been told that the iPhone may not be available until the end of June
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resuna wrote:
In fact, they did that to us with the original Mini. I'd barely worn the new off my mini when they announced Tiger... and no discounts for recent buyers.

Wasn't there a window of a few weeks? I would imagine that computer sales are really going to slow down if they don't offer something at least 2-3 months out from the release. That's also assuming there isn't another delay.

ddww804 wrote:
Insiders at the Company manufacturing the Apple iPhone claim that quality problems are causing concen to the extent that the iphone may be delayed past June 11th 2007.

I don't think Apple ever said the iPhone would be launched on June 11th. That was just a rumor. I guess time will tell, but AT&T still seems to think the iPhone will be on time for late June.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070418/bs_nm/iphone_att_dc_1
resuna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
Wasn't there a window of a few weeks?
Only from the date of announcement.

I'm not surprised that Apple's software is sucking power. I've always said that power is a core problem with smartphones.
Borealys

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Apple doesn't come out with a Core 2 Duo version of the mini, I'll just buy a new 1.8ghz Core Duo mini and BootCamp it with Vista to play the few games my PC currently handles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: