123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid Fedex
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Stupid Fedex Reply with quote

So I finally get a chance to order the wireless bluetooth kit from CostCentral.com (product here) and I call them over the phone because Apple requires them to, yadda, yadda, yadda. This was yesterday around 1ish pm.

I'm in New Orleans right now and the product is shipped from Memphis. I didn't know this and checked the tracking number of my package this morning and, lo and behold, it was scheduled to be delivered today. They attempted to deliver it at 4:22pm today. INCORRECT ADDRESS it says on their site. GRRR!

I called them up to see if I could correct this and my customer rep was very helpful and it was quick and painless. I guess they left my apartment number off of the address so it couldn't be delivered! This was probably CostCentral's fault and it's such a dumb error. Anyways, Fedex doesn't deliver on the weekends with Fedex Ground (no wonder I haven't used them or been delivered anything by them in years) and now I have to wait until Monday!

I didn't expect my wireless kit until then, granted, but since I found out I would get it today and now I'm not, I'm very peeved. Just had to rant about it...
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid Fedex Reply with quote

Well, you certainly can't blame FedEx for that...

It DOES suck when you think you'll get something by the weekend and then end up not getting it. (ESPECIALLY if you work a typical mon-fri work schedule)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheModWiki.org

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE!!! when that happens. I but if they come to deliver and I'm not home.. I go to the fedex office to pick it up later in the day
Maxtor 300GB Ext. FW
Pioneer DVR-K05 SD

www.PaulStamatiou.com , 9rules Network
slickrick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it more when you miss the deliveryman and get one of those notes on your door. Mad Or even worse, you pass him on the way into your neighborhood after leaving the note! Evil or Very Mad
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheModWiki.org wrote:
I HATE!!! when that happens. I but if they come to deliver and I'm not home.. I go to the fedex office to pick it up later in the day

When I lived in ND, I would always get a note that said they tried to deliver and that I could pick it up that evening if I wanted (otherwise they would try to deliver again the next day). I liked that.

Of course, now he'll just leave a package by my front door which I like even BETTER! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
TheModWiki.org wrote:

When I lived in ND, I would always get a note that said they tried to deliver and that I could pick it up that evening if I wanted (otherwise they would try to deliver again the next day). I liked that.

Of course, now he'll just leave a package by my front door which I like even BETTER! Smile

I've gotten those notes a lot, but then the UPS or post office always close at around 5 or so, which is when I get off of work, so I don't really have time to go over there and pick it up and I'm never home when they deliver because I'm at work. It's a dumb system. I need to start specifying when I order online that I don't want to have to sign for things. The thing is that I also don't want a package sitting outside my apartment all day; I don't really trust my neighbors.
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
bsnoel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
I've gotten those notes a lot, but then the UPS or post office always close at around 5 or so, which is when I get off of work, so I don't really have time to go over there and pick it up and I'm never home when they deliver because I'm at work. It's a dumb system. I need to start specifying when I order online that I don't want to have to sign for things. The thing is that I also don't want a package sitting outside my apartment all day; I don't really trust my neighbors.

Back when I lived in apartments, I used to have my stuff shipped care of the rental office at my apartment complex. There was always someone there to sign for my stuff and I could always pick it up after work (because they were open until 6:00). I'm not sure what your situation is like, but if you live in a complex with a rental office you might want to see if they are willing to do that for you. Most of them are. Mine was even nice enough to leave me a voice mail when a package arrived.

Last edited by bsnoel on Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
slickrick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may come out wrong and I don't want to offend anyone.....O well here goes..... Guys this is what wives are for! Wink
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickrick wrote:
This may come out wrong and I don't want to offend anyone.....O well here goes..... Guys this is what wives are for! Wink

I'll laugh just because I'm not quite at the marriage stage. I'm still at the drink and be merry stage. Laughing
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:

When I lived in apartments, they would always deliver to one of the neighbors and leave me a note saying "package delivered to apt 104". Then I'd swing on by and pick it up.

Of course, if you don't trust your neighbors, that might NOT be a good thing!
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickrick wrote:

Exactly!!!
bsnoel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: OK, Susurrus We Are All Dying to Know... Reply with quote

OK, Susurrus We Are All Dying to Know are you a member of the Bluetooth and Airport Club today or not? How did it go for you?
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, Susurrus We Are All Dying to Know... Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
OK, Susurrus We Are All Dying to Know are you a member of the Bluetooth and Airport Club today or not? How did it go for you?

Okay, I didn't see this post yesterday, sorry. I called them yesterday, when I should've gotten it. I called and they told me they were going to deliver it today and so they did. They dropped it off in front of my door at 3:32pm saying someone signed for it. Funny thing, I was at work so no one did. The package also got the crap kicked out of it, maybe that's why THE KIT I ORDERED DOESN'T WORK!

Yeah, I installed the kit; it wasn't very hard. It doesn't seat very well with the screws all screwed in, there're two of them. It didn't work the first time, so I reseated it and put the Mini together again. It still didn't work so I took off the nice Kapton tape to reseat the Airport Extreme card in the mezzanine board. Still didn't work.

Now it's sitting right here in its beat up little box with too little brown paper padding that I have to RMA now. Those guys better take this **** back.

Crying or Very sadEvil or Very Mad <- me
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
bsnoel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, Susurrus We Are All Dying to Know... Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
bsnoel wrote:

Okay, I didn't see this post yesterday, sorry. I called them yesterday, when I should've gotten it. I called and they told me they were going to deliver it today and so they did. They dropped it off in front of my door at 3:32pm saying someone signed for it. Funny thing, I was at work so no one did. The package also got the crap kicked out of it, maybe that's why THE KIT I ORDERED DOESN'T WORK!

Yeah, I installed the kit; it wasn't very hard. It doesn't seat very well with the screws all screwed in, there're two of them. It didn't work the first time, so I reseated it and put the Mini together again. It still didn't work so I took off the nice Kapton tape to reseat the Airport Extreme card in the mezzanine board. Still didn't work.

Now it's sitting right here in its beat up little box with too little brown paper padding that I have to RMA now. Those guys better take this **** back.

Crying or Very sadEvil or Very Mad <- me

Bummer! Sorry to hear about that. I guess that I should count myself lucky that mine worked fine.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think you can go to the Apple store and have one installed for $99.00. There's no reason to mess around with these kits, unless you don't live close to an Apple store.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: