123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing airport in the mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k3lso

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Installing airport in the mac mini Reply with quote

Can someone please confirm whether there is already a mezzanine board with airport antenna in the mac mini?

I downloaded a PDF guide of How To Upgrade every part in the mac mini and it mentions (with pics) where the mezzanine board and the airport antenna and bluetooh are stored (actually hidden) inside the mac mini. And I dont want to just open (again) my mac mini just to see if there´s something inside... I thought those parts you have to order to install the airport card..
idave

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a mezzanine board or antenna in the mini. You need to buy the kit from Apple or you can get them here:

Mezzanine board
http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.332/it.A/id.1719/.f

Antenna
http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.332/it.A/id.1720/.f
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
k3lso

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. that means an extra US$ 100.. and we are not talking about the airport card... Mad
14" 600Mhz G3 iBook 256Mb Ram
20 Gb iPod
idave

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's $99.00 for the kit at the Apple store and it includes the card. I could be wrong.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
skoone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my "regional" Apple store (abt 100 miles away) and bought the M9870Z/A Airport and Bluetooth Upgrade kit for $99. This included everything needed to get wireless up and running in my Mini. The $99 also covered installation of the board at the store while I waited 15 minutes. It's a simple installation however, so if you can come up with this kit # you might can install it yourself.

Regards,
Steve
ninjamini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apple store quoted me $69 for the airport extreme (bluetooth+802.11G) card. $100 installed.
froinlavin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the kit at my CompUSA, and installed it myself... (even though the kit explicitly said the kit can only be purchased with installation service.

It was pretty easy to install, as long as you have downloaded the service manual.
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

froinlavin wrote:
I bought the kit at my CompUSA, and installed it myself... (even though the kit explicitly said the kit can only be purchased with installation service.

It was pretty easy to install, as long as you have downloaded the service manual.

How much was yours? I bought mine online where themodwiki bought his, I think. It was about $102, not bad. I can't wait to get online with my Mac! Woohoo!
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
bsnoel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susurrus wrote:
froinlavin wrote:

How much was yours? I bought mine online where themodwiki bought his, I think. It was about $102, not bad. I can't wait to get online with my Mac! Woohoo!

Got mine for $93.16 at http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Apple_Airport_Extreme_Card_and_Bluetooth_Upgrade_Kit/M9870ZA/F98728/
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
Susurrus wrote:
froinlavin wrote:

Got mine for $93.16 at http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Apple_Airport_Extreme_Card_and_Bluetooth_Upgrade_Kit/M9870ZA/F98728/

That's exactly where I got mine! I can't wait to take apart my Mini for an actual reason, woo! Too bad there isn't an Apple store down here in BEZ; I really would've preferred this at $69+tax.
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: