123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equinux intros TubeStick digital TV for Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnodd4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: wow this is worthless Reply with quote

this is completly worthless

first it doesn't work in canada or the u.s.a second you have to purchase there media center application then you have to sign up for a service plan this is dumb i can use my usb tv adapter here in the u.s.a for free and all i have to do is have a antenna versus paying for a worthless service you will never use or wish you could change
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: wow this is worthless Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
this is completly worthless

first it doesn't work in canada or the u.s.a second you have to purchase there media center application then you have to sign up for a service plan this is dumb i can use my usb tv adapter here in the u.s.a for free and all i have to do is have a antenna versus paying for a worthless service you will never use or wish you could change

Well of course it doesn't work in Canada or the USA, we use a completely different TV standard. Remember, that only about 8% of the world's population lives in North America.

I didn't notice any requirements to pay for any extra services. The device and software is about 40 euros, and that's it.

I say your post is worthless, not this product.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: wow this is worthless Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Well of course it doesn't work in Canada or the USA, we use a completely different TV standard. Remember, that only about 8% of the world's population lives in North America.

I didn't notice any requirements to pay for any extra services. The device and software is about 40 euros, and that's it.

I say your post is worthless, not this product.

You took the words right out of my mind Wink Some people in the USA forget there is a western civilisation outside of the nothern hemispheres of the American mainland. Actually it's were the major population of them have their anscestors stemming from...
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that laughed at the name "Tubestick" Smile
KYUSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ordered one!

well i'll give it a go and report back here.

i have been using a cracked version of media central 2.4 for a couple of weeks and i think its great......i was thinking of paying for the product as i like some of the new features in 2.5.

now i get that software and also a nifty looking freeview device.
turly

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've just gotten my hands on a tubestick, and have spent some time with it on my Mac Mini PPC (1.42GHz, 1 GB RAM, external FW boot drive.)

In short, I'm not very happy with it. Read more at http://fnarr.net/twp/?p=64 if you're interested.

All I can say is I'm looking forward to equinux's software updates. The Mac Mini should be more than capable of this!
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turly wrote:
Hi there,

I've just gotten my hands on a tubestick, and have spent some time with it on my Mac Mini PPC (1.42GHz, 1 GB RAM, external FW boot drive.)

In short, I'm not very happy with it. Read more at http://fnarr.net/twp/?p=64 if you're interested.

All I can say is I'm looking forward to equinux's software updates. The Mac Mini should be more than capable of this!

Elgato usually recommends a dual-core or dual processor system with their products when working with HD. It's possible that equinux lowballed the system requirements here. I hope the software updates help, but I wouldn't count on it. Sad
shorafix

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: pitchfork aerial Reply with quote

Juan Ker wrote:
everytime i see one of those tiny ariels I laugh, the one I had could only pickup 2 channels from 40+

Anytime when our DVB-S system occasionally fails due to storm, heavy rain, blizzards etc. those little DVB-T devices become handy. We have attached one directly at our plasma and we do pick up a couple of dozens of channels at great quality. It seems more to be related to the area where one lives. Another friend of us living in a remote area was sucessful in using a pitchfork replacing the original aerial during a thunderstorm. Wink
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: pitchfork aerial Reply with quote

shorafix wrote:

Snip.. Another friend of us living in a remote area was sucessful in using a pitchfork replacing the original aerial during a thunderstorm. Wink

LOL! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: