123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My mac mini and my WRT54G wireless router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayinbeijing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: My mac mini and my WRT54G wireless router Reply with quote

Hi,
I just got a new mac mini, i'm what you call a switcher.
I have at home an ADSL modem connected to my Linksys WRT54G, upgraded to the last firmware.
I have set up a wireless network that I called jayjay.

I also have a PC running XP on this network and I connected to my jayjay network, I can access internet.

On my mac mini I can also connect to the jayjay network, the difference is that I have no internet connection. In the safari browser there is the troubleshooting wizards but the problem is still there.

I really don't know what is happening and am quite lost.
One more thing, to simplify things I disabled security on the network, is that a probable cause?

Thanks for your help and support.
Best Regards,
JJ
BigLee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say disabling or enabling the security settings would cause the problems. Have you definitely connected i.e have you checked that you have a IP address in network configuration?

Have tried resetting the Router and modem? Sometimes doing this simple thing can solve a multitude of problems.
jayinbeijing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
My wireless router IP is 192.168.1.1 or something like that.
The IP adress of the mini MAC is 192.168.1.101 so it does have an IP adress.
Is this IP valid?
How come I can access the wireless network and not internet.

By the way, I tried also a direct cable connection between the wireless router to the mini mac, and the problem is the same, no internet connection.
BigLee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a valid ip address for the subnet so it being allocated an ip address by the router. Have you tried the restart? Restart everything in this order turn everything off. After 30 seconds turn the modem back on (if you have one) Leave it to settle for about 30 seconds, now turn on the wireless router and leave that to settle for around 30 seconds, then finally turn the Mac back on. Its difficult to help with out being there to see what is happening.
jayinbeijing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigLee,
thanks a lot it works, I did what you suggested and i managed to access the internet successfully.
Thanks again for your help.
best Regards,
JJ
BigLee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problems glad i could help.
laCis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Ethernet LAN Reply with quote

Hello,

My Mac mini worked well with linksys 54GL. But today i check out that network connection is lost. So I switch on airport conection and my server works again. I could not get where is problem, why I cannot use built-in Lan to connect internet? I Check out LAN on linksys with other PC and it can connect with internet. So I understood that my MAC mini LAN doesn't work. MAC network utility shows - network Interface (eno) IP 144.3.8.0 .
Is there whos has similar problem? And should i repair or is it possible to repair built-in ethernet on MAC mini?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: