123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apps: Disco 1.0 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Apps: Disco 1.0 Released Reply with quote

Apps: Disco 1.0 Released
Monday, February 12, 2007
Posted by: Charles

DiscoApp.com today announced the release of Disco 1.0, a utility for disc burning on your Mac. Utilizing a simple and fun workflow based interface, users are able to accomplish real burning tasks with minimal effort. The final release of Disco introduces countless improvements, features, and fixes such as a redesigned disc naming system, fully rewritten Discography database engine, improved Unicode support, and much more.

One of Disco's major functions is spanning. Spanning allows users to span large amounts of data over multiple discs. Disco offers a "just works" principle to the whole process, and the spanning nests itself as deep as possible to ensure that your data can be spanned in almost any case.

Disco also includes a feature called Discography. Discography seamlessly tracks all of your burns and lets you search through tens of thousands of previously burned files to find out what disc they are on. Users can also import existing discs into Discography. This feature takes Discography from simple disc tracking to a full blown media cataloging solution.

Disco requires Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later and is priced at $14.95 A family pack is available for under $30 and a 10 pack for under $90.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/604.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the beta before and it seemed kind of buggy. The smoke feature didn't work on my Intel mini either. I can speak for how buggy this version might be, but the smoke feature is working. It's useless and pure eye-candy, but fun nonetheless.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Disco seem like the biggest love it or hate it application out there? I plan on sticking with Toast 7 for now, so I guess that tells you what side of the fence I'm sitting on. My next burning dollars will probably go towards buying Toast 8. That being said, I'm still going to take a look at Disco 1.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: