123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wait for Leopard to buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wait for Leopard to buy mini?
Yes
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

macmini_256PPC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Wait for Leopard to buy Reply with quote

I have postponed selling of my mac mini untill now. (I'm sure im going to sell it now.) Anyway, I am wondering if I should wait for Leopard to come out before buying a mini, or if I should get a mini now.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wait for Leopard to buy Reply with quote

macmini_256PPC wrote:
I have postponed selling of my mac mini untill now. (I'm sure im going to sell it now.) Anyway, I am wondering if I should wait for Leopard to come out before buying a mini, or if I should get a mini now.

If you're selling your computer, have no computer at the moment, and can wait, I would sit around until the Leopard release. If you can't wait, or need a Mac mini right now, get one and upgrade it to the specs you want, and get Leopard down the road.

I got my Mac mini for Christmas, and I have never looked back on waiting. I was glad I got one for Christmas, and didn't hesitate on when to purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wait for Leopard to buy Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
macmini_256PPC wrote:

If you're selling your computer, have no computer at the moment, and can wait, I would sit around until the Leopard release. If you can't wait, or need a Mac mini right now, get one and upgrade it to the specs you want, and get Leopard down the road.

I got my Mac mini for Christmas, and I have never looked back on waiting. I was glad I got one for Christmas, and didn't hesitate on when to purchase.

Same here. Except I got an iMac for Christmas.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wait for Leopard to buy Reply with quote

7031 wrote:
Same here. Except I got an iMac for Christmas.

A sweet iMac that is...

Did you ever get that dang thing figured out?
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in the market to buy a new Mac, it's safe to say that I would wait for Leopard and iLife '07. I wouldn't want to give Apple another $200 in a few months to upgrade. I would rather put that $200 towards better components.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait. You will have the newest and the greatest, without having to shell out for it later on. It is just a savings for being patient. Plus it should be out pretty soon. At least no later than WWDC, which is in June.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I would wait. You will have the newest and the greatest, without having to shell out for it later on. It is just a savings for being patient. Plus it should be out pretty soon. At least no later than WWDC, which is in June.

We'll probably see a final release of 10.5 & iLife '07 if it doesn't come out on the 20th Feb. And maybe new Mac Pros or MacBook Pros.

If you really need a Mac, just get one. It feels worse to wait, i was waiting for the new iMac to come out in MacWorld but it never happened so i given up on it.

I'm now most likely to get a MacBook Pro in the summer (once i get the money Laughing ), But i'm not going to wait for a updated one. I need a laptop for my A\AS levels and i'm not going to rely on my Windows laptop.
- iPod Touch 8GB

Visit www.thebigapples.net Very Happy Podcasts, Videos & more Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: