123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LCD Display Woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyboja29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: LCD Display Woes Reply with quote

Well mini came and so far im having issues hooking it up to my samsung 32' lcd via vga.

I hooked it up via vga and it senses the correct resolution however its offset, this time the image is shifted 88 pixels to the left. I have an 88px black bar on the right.

I tried switchresx and adjusting the porches, no change at all. Same with displayconfigx.

Anyone have any ideas. I basically need the adjust geometry that you would have on a normal monitor.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your display have a DVI port? If so, I would buy a DVI cable to see if that changes anything. DVI also increases picture quality. It could be a cheap fix to your problem.
BSteely

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: LCD Display Woes Reply with quote

jimmyboja29 wrote:
Well mini came and so far im having issues hooking it up to my samsung 32' lcd via vga.

I hooked it up via vga and it senses the correct resolution however its offset, this time the image is shifted 88 pixels to the left. I have an 88px black bar on the right.

I tried switchresx and adjusting the porches, no change at all. Same with displayconfigx.

Anyone have any ideas. I basically need the adjust geometry that you would have on a normal monitor.

With SRX or DCX, see if you can invert the polarity of horizontal sync. In other words, if it is positive to begin with, switch it to negative. Or if it is negative, switch it to positive. Save the change and then apply it and see it that fixes the offset.
jimmyboja29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hdmi and vga but no dvi. The dvi-hdmi works fine but i can only get 1280. I paid for the extra pixels..I want em!

I got the vga to work using displayconfigx. It's now pixel perfect 1x1 and looks great. Me and my GF watched that stupid johnny depp pirate movie last night. DVD looked great.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it figured out using VGA.

I take it you must not have liked Pirates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: