123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belkin USB 2.0 and FireWire 6-Port Hub for Mac mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIgitaline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just buy yesterday the Belkin USB 2.0 and FireWire 6-Port Hub for Mac mini (F5U507) - i have the Macmini PowerPC G4 1.42GHz 1G ram.

when i connect my hub..the keyboard and the mouse are freezing..so i try to connect them trought the hub nothing happen !?!?!?
actually the only thing the hub link is my ipod via firewire.... my external hard drive lacie 500gig (usb2) can't be read ..
Is it a problem with usb port ?????

really sorry about my poor english...i,m a french speaking person

yanick
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanick,

If the FireWire connection is functioning correctly, but the USB is not, then it sounds like your new Belkin hub is faulty. Before you return it to the retailer, you might want to connect it to another computer to see if this problem can be replicated on a different machine. If you have the same problem with another computer, the hub is definitely defective.

John.
DIgitaline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advance...i when to the store this morning and try it there...on a new mini (intel) a error message appear ... so i just take another one ... I try it at work (g5 dual 1.8 etc...) it seem to work perfectly... hope at home will be too.
Leander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bump this old topic.

im thinking of getting one of these belkin 6-port usb/fire hubs on the cheap (there is a 7-port out now, but i cant find it online in the uk.)

i want to know if i can use it to enable booting from a usb external hard drive on a g4 ppc 1.42ghz mac mini, if the hub is connected to the mini via firewire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: