123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Macworld Won't Introduce A New Mac, When Will We See One?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: If Macworld Won't Introduce A New Mac, When Will We See One? Reply with quote

Since Macworld was so busy with the lauch of the AppleTV and the amazingly cool iPhone. When do you think we'll see a new Mac, or what Mac is it going to be?

I'm hoping a completely new iMac, hopefully soon.

Any thoughts?
- iPod Touch 8GB

Visit www.thebigapples.net Very Happy Podcasts, Videos & more Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Copernicus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only been a couple of months since Apple released the 24 inch iMac, and added the $1000 17-inch iMac; they've now got iMacs from the (fairly) low end to the high end, so I'd doubt they'll want to shake up their lineup with a whole new one. Most likely, they'd prefer to update the line as is, with evolutionary improvements in processor speed or in their subcomponents.

The most convenient time to produce a hardware change, I think, would be around the time that OS X 10.5 is released. The last I heard, that's supposed to happen sometime this spring; with the Apple TV product coming out in February, and the iPhone coming out in June, I'd say some time around April seems like a nice point to focus some advertising dollars on the Mac line.

Of course, there's also the Vista release coming up, so Jobs may want to steal some thunder there by making some announcements around that time too. But I'm betting any large new hardware changes will be released in concert with the 10.5 release, since they tend to support one another.
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copernicus wrote:
It's only been a couple of months since Apple released the 24 inch iMac, and added the $1000 17-inch iMac; they've now got iMacs from the (fairly) low end to the high end, so I'd doubt they'll want to shake up their lineup with a whole new one. Most likely, they'd prefer to update the line as is, with evolutionary improvements in processor speed or in their subcomponents.

But if Apple just takes the evolutionary design idea it would go against their original core values when it came to designing the iMac G4, they always want to take a revolutionary design approach.

I do really hope they'll bring out a new iMac though, so i can replace my aging iMac G4. But any new mac would please me Laughing
- iPod Touch 8GB

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the new iMac design would be...?
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:

One person here thought it might be a aluminium iMac, which i thought it would be cool.

It'll be interesting to see if Apple re-design the iMac and the Mac mini.
- iPod Touch 8GB

TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinscruffy wrote:
TyPod wrote:

One person here thought it might be a aluminium iMac, which i thought it would be cool.

It'll be interesting to see if Apple re-design the iMac and the Mac mini.

It would be cool, but what else could they do with the mini? Give it colors? Make it even more mini? Make it bigger?
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think we all know Apple, they have a tendency to surprise us all with what they can come up with. When Apple is designing something new we'll never know what it looks like.

Probably with the Mac mini they might it smaller, possibly lighter, and like you said add colours so you don't have to go to colorwarepc for a coloured mac.

I would like to see the iMac to have the wow-factor like the old slot-loading G3s, Apple went crazy with them.
- iPod Touch 8GB

SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copernicus wrote:
I agree that a new design would probably just be evolutionary. It will probably still be a screen with the computer behind it. Though the current design is 29-months old.
robinscruffy wrote:
TyPod wrote:

Aluminum would be nice. Or at least get rid of the chin.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if they brought back the look of the G4. That was my favorite iMac design.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
It would be cool if they brought back the look of the G4. That was my favorite iMac design.
Absolutely. That is when I first fell in love with Apple's design. I didn't really like the G3 or the iBooks or any of those before that unit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Copernicus]The most convenient time to produce a hardware change, I think, would be around the time that OS X 10.5 is released. The last I heard, that's supposed to happen sometime this spring; with the Apple TV product coming out in February, and the iPhone coming out in June, I'd say some time around April seems like a nice point to focus some advertising dollars on the Mac line.[/quote]

I agree with the time line , it makes sense to introduce new hardware and software (ilife/iwork,etc) after 10.5 is released. I hope they add some more punch to the mini, my 1.42 gets bogged down with the current iweb Sad
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
TyPod wrote:
Absolutely. That is when I first fell in love with Apple's design. I didn't really like the G3 or the iBooks or any of those before that unit.

Me either. I didn't really like the look of the (early) G3 machines. A little too much color, but then again, I was really young and didn't know a thing about computers.
meinrosebud

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: New Apples Reply with quote

If you listen to the podcasts from the various Magazines you may expect new hardware around March 2007. Cool
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think if Apple add colours to the iMac again? Or add a intel xeon chip.
- iPod Touch 8GB

castaway

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinscruffy wrote:
Do you think if Apple add colours to the iMac again?.

Yeah, black and aluminum. The nano colors would flop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: