123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macworld 2007 Keynote Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Well I guess I'll have to do my TV purchase also. It seems the Apple TV doesn't go below 480p. So I'll need a HDTV for it.

Well, if your TV has component inputs, you could be ok. I got an "old" CRT 36" 4:3 Toshiba television, but it does support 480p.
My current 32" Sony Wega doesn't support progressive scan. So I can't use it if it doesn't support 480i. Otherwise it will turn my TV all screwy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the Macworld keynotes, this one underwhelmed me the most. I've never been someone who needs a fancy cell phone, especially one that costs as much as a computer! It really is a nice looking device, but I don't think I'll ever get one. I would love to get the Apple TV… but I'm not running out to buy a new TV so I can use one. C'est la vie!

How about a Core2Duo in a Mini?!?!
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this definitely mean that there won't be any upgrades to the current Mac lineup announced at WWDC?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Geekbrief TV's keynote highlight. Cali Lewis mentioned Apple is changing their name from Apple Computer Inc. to Apple Inc.

Interesting.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that on engadget as well, I think they are trying to position themselves as a "media company" not a computer company. I think they will keep the "computer" as the core, always. It's just marketing. who wants to buy "media" products from a "computer" company?

no worries.

-Hackersmovie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Does this definitely mean that there won't be any upgrades to the current Mac lineup announced at WWDC?

I don't think that will be the case. I think they'll have special event for Leopard, computers, displays and stuff in another month or so. At least, I hope so.
iLife's a Bitch!
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to watch the keynote is live:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/j47d52oo/event/

Way too busy to connect now, though.

Confused

Jamie
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can't watch the keynote. It's too busy. the iPhone is insane. The Apple TV is very cool also, but I really don't have a need for that.
Greentimbers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the iSight?. Apple took it off some months ago, and i don't see it back on now. Have they quietly dropped it completely

Don't care about a iPhone or AppleTV so nothing in this for me... Crying or Very sad

Folding on a Intel Mini
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
This is the worlds best keynote.

I have to agree. I think Apple knocked it out of the park with the new iPhone. From what I've read and seen so far, this think kicks the crap out of any smartphone/PDA/etc out there! Won't be available till June (did I hear that right?). I may have to time my second vacation home from Iraq just to get one of these things.

Color me VERY impressed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyrealm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That iPhone interests me but being forced to endure 2 more years with Cingular in order to have that phone is not worth it. Everything I'm reading about this phone is stating that if you purchase it in the US, you will have to get a 2 year contract with Cingular. I hope that I'm reading it wrong but I don't think so. I know that I will not be renewing with Cingular when my present contract runs out this summer.

That price sounds about right when you compare it to the other PDA phones out there. Most PDA phones range from $400 - $600+ depending on the model and cellular carrier. The iPhone's features are far superior to most PDA phones as well. What you are getting is literally a "Mac"-phone.

I like the phone but not Cingular. I hope there is a way to unlock it so it can be used with any GSM carrier. If so, T-mobile here I come.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the keynote. The phone is going to be locked to Cingular for some years to come, so no T-Mobile I'm afraid. But in a way that makes sense, because the two companies have to work so closely on innovations like the listed voice mails. That takes tight integration, because it's non-standard. And they promise more stuff like that.

I have Cingular and am very happy with them, so I'm getting an iPhone as soon as I can.

Smile

Jamie
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for any little change in my plan, more minutes or even a cent increase in the bill, then I'm going to cancel my T-Mobile without any fee. After that, Cingular here I come...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the keynote as well. The iPhone is an amazing product. I live in Canada so I won't be getting one any time soon. However, it's amazing even without the telephone features. I'd still like to have one to tap into wifi hotspots and as an iPod.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
However, it's amazing even without the telephone features. I'd still like to have one to tap into wifi hotspots and as an iPod.

That's what I was thinking. It would rule if the 6G iPod had the same UI, touchscreen and general features. Cool That means a browser, iChat and Wi-Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: