123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good way to waste an hour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leftplay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Good way to waste an hour Reply with quote

For any of you who still have their PCs, google just came out with one of the coolest apps I've seen in a while. Google Earth - hard to explain if you haven't used it, its part flight simulator, part library of congress of digital satellite images. You can literally start from an outer space perspective of Earth and zoom in pretty much anywhere on the planet. And I mean zoom. You can see people in some cases. It's kind of freaky thinking that there are spooks above us all the time taking snap shots Embarassed

http://earth.google.com/
slickrick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Google makes money with all these free goodies. Earth - is just another in the long list of cool products from Google. Google is the only company on the net that's innovating. Yahoo and MSFT are dead over the long term.
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's my next time waster after I get done with Google Maps and their awesome satellite imagery, not to mention it's great dragable interface. I love learning geography! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: