123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest movie you have seen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Forest Gump while I was sick. I've seen it many times, but every time I see it, it gets better and better.
jordz84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranger1021 wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
Little Miss Sunshine.....put this one off due to the name. But it was great for an indy.

Just saw Little Miss Sunshine. All I can say is hilarious! Was going to see it over Winter Break, but little kids (can't show them that movie Laughing ) kept coming into the den, so I finally gave up.

wow,, i have just seen this... an awesome movie. highly recommended Very Happy
khisayruou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went to the midnight showing of 300. Visually it was a good movie, some good cgi work and pretty good battle scenes, but the rest wasn't entertaining at all...especially the dialog. Sin City was much more enjoyable.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Flags of Our Fathers last night. The battle and invasion scenes of Iwo Jima were really well done, but the rest of the story was pretty sappy. It might make a good rental if you like WWII movies.
iLife's a Bitch!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khisayruou wrote:
Well I went to the midnight showing of 300. Visually it was a good movie, some good cgi work and pretty good battle scenes, but the rest wasn't entertaining at all...especially the dialog. Sin City was much more enjoyable.

The trailer look visually stunning, but I had a feeling the plot was going to be weak. I think I'll skip this one at the theaters.

g5g5 wrote:
I watched Flags of Our Fathers last night. The battle and invasion scenes of Iwo Jima were really well done, but the rest of the story was pretty sappy. It might make a good rental if you like WWII movies.

I just added Flags of Our Fathers and All the King's Men to my Blockbuster queue. Very Happy
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khisayruou wrote:
I enjoyed 300, not because of its dialog, but just for its entertainment. Sin City was good, but at times I just wanted to be entertained and not be thrust into a bunch of dialog scenes (especially when everyone was always talking to themselves, it got a little tiresome at times). While they both had great art direction, when it comes down to dialog, they are the opposite of each other. I agree the dialog could have been better, but I still appreciate the movie for its visual entertainment value.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got done watching Borat. I thought it was really funny for such a short movie. The first half of the movie was really good, but then it slowly decreased from there. I could watch it again, but for now, i'm Borated out.
JamesE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched SawIII and I loved it, Definitely more gory that the first two, There's a great part where Jigsaw gets his head cut open and his brain is exposed. They also left it open for fourth movie.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesE wrote:
Just watched SawIII and I loved it, Definitely more gory that the first two, There's a great part where Jigsaw gets his head cut open and his brain is exposed. They also left it open for fourth movie.

I saw this movie in the theater, and it was way more gory than the first and second one. I thought Saw III didn't really have a plot, and it was just all about seeing people get killed. I thought it could have been better.
JamesE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's own plot was thin (Testing Amanda) but what I really liked was how it expanded on the main parts of first two and for me that helped make it a good movie. I actually liked the killing for fun feel of the movie, just the same as I like jokes for the sake of it comedy movies and by leaving the plot thin I thought it made the killing seem more psyco.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I enjoyed 300, not because of its dialog, but just for its entertainment.

It made like 70 million dollars this weekend. So much for dialog! Laughing
DCGuy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paris, je t'aime (2006)
-cute movie

Le Petit Lieutenant
-excellent crime drama
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_tex wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I enjoyed 300, not because of its dialog, but just for its entertainment.

It made like 70 million dollars this weekend. So much for dialog! Laughing
Third best opening weekend for an R-rated movie, ever.
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20070311/117366288000.html;_ylt=Ai1Cg8A5eZAPLJwtBQhT8a5fVXcA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked at the 300 opening! Shocked

I was listening to TWiT today at work and they talked about the movie Idiocracy. I was going to rent it a month ago, but put it off. In fact, I even removed it from my Blockbuster queue. They said it was pretty funny and compared it to Office Space, both of which were written and directed by Mike Judge. Has anyone here seen it?
khisayruou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised at 300's opening especially since I was one of the crazy millions to show up at the midnight showing and had to be at work at 5am that morning! The movie definitely had some visual flair.

I saw Idiocracy and it was a tough one for me to watch...its about stupidity and I thought alot of it was...well...stupid. Office Space is just a brilliant classic and shouldn't even be compared to. You should still watch it though, Luke Wilson is good and Dax plays a character that fits him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 4 of 80

Jump to: