123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Ear Buds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Grado's. Very good headphones. Either you like or dislike the classic design. I personally like them, but that is probably due to the fact that I know it is such a good product.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point I wanted to start a collection of higher-end headphones. I have the Grados. But I was looking at some decent Sennheisers, along with AKGs, BeyerDynamics and finally get some great in-ears. But I thought that would be going over the top Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I use these three..
recently..
http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr80.htm

I was actually thinking of getting one soon but one common complaint I seem to hear is that they are uncomfortable after extended use...do you like the sr80?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ear Buds really bother my ears. I use a pair of Sennheiser PX100's in white. They sound great and have an Apple/iPod flavor to them.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500426
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khisayruou wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I use these three..
recently..
http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr80.htm

I was actually thinking of getting one soon but one common complaint I seem to hear is that they are uncomfortable after extended use...do you like the sr80?
They start to wear down your ears after 2-4 hours of solid listening. Though I barely sit down with headphones to listen that long anymore. I haven't really come across too much of an issue. I used to listen to my headphones heavily and that was with the Sony 700 DJs. Now those are uncomfortable after time also.
They aren't the most comfortable. But I could careless because they sound so good. I'd rather have great sounding headphones with OK comfort, than poor headphones with great comfort.

You might find the SR60s to be more comfortable. Though they lack the bass of the SR80s.
You can find replacement Grado ear pads online. Mix and match. Some are more comfortable but have a slight effect on sound. While some are the opposite.

If you can afford it, go another model higher. I hear the SR125s are more comfortable. I just wouldn't go any higher than those, otherwise you should run a headphone amp.
It would be nice to get those sexy SR325is though.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futa_Mill wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
The big earmuff headphones they are using probably sound very good, and they are confident enough to wear them.

Ya i know music sounds awesome through them. Most audiofiles would where them.

You mean audiophile, right? Laughing Laughing

I use Apple In-Ears for causal use - cheap and sound nice, plus they are white which I like for its 'matchy-matchy' quality rather than the white earbud drone-like quality. Confused

I use Bose TriPorts for stuff at home, they are really comfortable and have good bass response.

-jb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ranger1021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use V-Moda's M-Class earbuds. They sound good, are pretty cheap, but certainly aren't audiophile quality. They work for me, though. Laughing
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody use the Bose QuietComforts? I've seen the commercials on TV and wondering how they sound. Of course Iwont buy them, they are a little too expensive for me.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
Anybody use the Bose QuietComforts? I've seen the commercials on TV and wondering how they sound. Of course Iwont buy them, they are a little too expensive for me.

I think Bose speakers and headphones are seriously overrated and overpriced. JMHO
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
TyPod wrote:

I think Bose speakers and headphones are seriously overrated and overpriced. JMHO

IMO Bose is very overpriced...but then again, people also think Apple is very overpriced. It goes both ways, and is mostly your opinion when it comes to price and quality.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
but then again, people also think Apple is very overpriced. It goes both ways, and is mostly your opinion when it comes to price and quality.

At least Apple is trying to break that stereotype. Wink
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
TyPod wrote:
but then again, people also think Apple is very overpriced. It goes both ways, and is mostly your opinion when it comes to price and quality.

At least Apple is trying to break that stereotype. Wink

True. I'm glad Apple is being price aggressive.

Some companies purposely price their products higher than the competition to give people the perception that the product is better than the others. It's called psychological pricing (in marketing terms). This type of pricing is found in many industries, but it is very prevalent in grocery/food products.
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bose is special in its own little way. If you like processed sound that sounds really good, Bose is a good way to go. I think for full home-theater systems, don't bother, but for smaller systems that need to be small (headphones, computer speakers, SoundDock, Wave Radio), Bose fits the bill. They process the sound using psychoacoustics to sound good to the ear and has audio sound its best rather than producing the sound as it is. In the end, you get full bodied sound that is from small speakers - true sound or otherwise.

However, audiophiles HATE Bose because the sound processing is sometimes detectable in certain conditions. Naturally, the recording should be as it is, and that's about it in their opinion - no processing.

By the way, I owned the QuietComfort 2s and thought they were WAY overpriced - they are OK for a constant drone of white noise (i.e. airplane engines) but don't expect any miracles for people talking and subway noise. Just get the TriPorts - both have the same drivers and the TriPorts are $150-$200 less.

Just my opinion.

Oh, and I have a B&W system with 4 drivers per speaker, one kevlar, 2 normal cones, and a tweeter, and a 12" Velodyne sub, and I compared them with the Bose Companion 3's and Bose Companion 5's. The 3s lacked the highs and the lows were boomier than the full system, but the 5s hit the highs better and were wider sounding. Also interesting is the 5s and the 3s have the same exact sub, but the bass is clearer because it is a digital in versus a analog, non-gold plated connection, so I was surprised. Naturally, the $400 Bose system was not as good as the $4000 B&W and Velodyne setup, but my sister (who knows nothing about music) says that the Bose were pretty good and wouldn't really say one is better, they are just different - probably due to the processed sound. I was pissed, because something that costs 10x more should be 10x better! Of course, Bose didn't perform a miracle, but not bad in my mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Busta123

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Sennheiser CX300B Headphones from Currys
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0165028328.1168166715@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeaddjleglljfcflgceggdhhmdfin.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=822551&category_oid=

They give exceptional bass and block out external noise really well.

I tried the Sony equivalent, about the same price but the cord just disintegrated in a couple of weeks. It was a cool sort of soft rubber that just fell apart. Teach me for buying Sony, when will I learn.....
MacMini Intel * 2x20" InteliMacs * 2xMBPs 13" * 1TB TC * 8GB iPhone * 16GB iPhone 3G * 30GB iPod Video * 2GB Nano (NetPlayers /Sounbridges /Win7 / 4TB NasLite / 4TB FreeNAS / 4 TB Thecus 4100+/ 4 TB DAS)
abeato6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have 1 year with my iPod and my earphones stopped working like 2 weeks ago, and I am not going to spend 30 bucks on a new set of earphones, I'll probably buy a different one... anyone know of a good pair of earphones?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: