123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Power...Doesn't turn on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: No Power...Doesn't turn on? Reply with quote

My Mini is 2months old.

I use it to run graphics on a plasma screen in my business. It is left turned on for days at a time, although is does get a reset every day or so to "freshen-up".

For the past week iTunes has been hickupping and crashing on it, causing me to have to force-reset the machine, as it beachballs forever... then this morning it simply did not turn on. I have tried resetting the PMU, but to no avail. The plug is good, as my powerbook works in it just fine. And I am confident that the power supply is good as well...

Any ideas?
andp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the normal things...reset PMU...check the plugs and cables....do a hardware test if you ever get it to power up. You might want to open the case and reseat the memory. All that being said, I'd call Apple as soon as possible after the Holiday, or head on down to the Apple store.

I may be calling Apple soon myself. My power cable is REALLY loose, and I want to address this while my computer is still under warranty.
TheFix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Yeah... Reply with quote

If it ever turns on...I would do a few things...try to mount it on my PB to at least get the data off, hardware test, software test, etc...

Frustrating, as it IS only 2 months old, and I HATE it when stuff has to go back to apple. It takes longer than I would like to have my plasma down for...

(memories of my first PB 550 lemon and its horrible existence inside a cardbord box.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: