123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mm or LCD problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jared52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Mm or LCD problem? Reply with quote

I got my new Mm and a "17 LCD (Jetway AVidAV is the brand) today and love the new mini. I have one issue that I hope someone can help me either fix or explain what's causing the issue. When there is a fair amount of movement (i.e. the RadarinMotion widget of the Weather Channel map) these green dots and lines appear in the darker areas of the screen. If nothing is moving or I am just typing it's fine. I ran Nanosaur 2 and when the game boots to the first screen the black areas are almost covered with green dots and lines. They sorta simmer like you are watching TV on rabbit ears and get the occasional interference.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening? I have the monitor hooked up via DVI, should I try VGA? Is this something that the mini is doing or the monitor?

EDIT: I have the VGA cable plugged in now and I am not seeing the artifacts. I would think it's the LCD at this point. Ideas?
kevnin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i will always say, i'm no expert on video problems, but i'd assume its the screen. maybe it and the macmini dont play well together (that is the case with some monitors i hear). do a google search on your monitor brand/model and mac mini and see what comes up.
jared52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the manufacturer. Maybe they can tell me something or replace it. I think it's the monitor since I can use the VGA cable with no problem, but I paid for the DVI and want to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: