123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini Core 2 Duo Refurbs and Rebates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Mac mini Core 2 Duo Refurbs and Rebates Reply with quote

Mac mini Core 2 Duo Refurbs and Rebates
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Posted by: Charles

Apple has updated its refurbished Mac mini offerings in the Apple Store. The current offerings include the 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini (1GB of memory, Combo drive, 80GB hard drive) for $499 and the 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini (1GB of memory, SuperDrive, 120GB hard drive) for $679. Both models are covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty and include free shipping.

Amazon is offering $25 mail-in rebates on new Mac minis purchased by October 22nd. The 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini (1GB of memory, Combo drive, 80GB hard drive) is priced at $569.99 after mail-in rebate. The 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini (1GB of memory, SuperDrive, 120GB hard drive) is priced at $769.99 after mail-in rebate. Both models include free shipping. The mail-in rebates must be postmarked by November 22nd.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/776.html
jcosorio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this means that Apple is trying to get free of as many mini-chassis as possible?
And if the answer for this is eventually yes, could this mean that the Macworld Event next January will bring the Mac mini comunity important developments?
When can we expect a genuine Wireless "n" mac mini?
When can we have a Mac mini running a dedicated graphics card again?
Is it expectable to have a superior version of our baby (Mac mini Pro, Mac mini II, Mac mini Maxi or whatever you'd like to call it)?
Sorry for so many questions, but as you all, I'm looking forward to Leopard's birthday and Macworld Event as I think there must be something Big — not the size — arriving.
Thanks!

J.C.O.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcosorio wrote:
Does this means that Apple is trying to get free of as many mini-chassis as possible?

I wouldn't look much into it. Refurbished Mac minis come and go all the time. These might be the first Core 2 Duo minis though. I don't pay that much attention to the refurbished section of the Apple Store. As for the rest of your questions, no one really knows. Dedicated video or the GMA X3100 and 802.11n are all possibilities. It could also have a new case or styling.
iLife's a Bitch!
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
jcosorio wrote:

I wouldn't look much into it. Refurbished Mac minis come and go all the time. These might be the first Core 2 Duo minis though. I don't pay that much attention to the refurbished section of the Apple Store. As for the rest of your questions, no one really knows. Dedicated video or the GMA X3100 and 802.11n are all possibilities. It could also have a new case or styling.

I'm thinking that the Mac mini won't get GMA X3100 (or something else) before the MacBook. As for 802.11n, isn't it as simple as putting a better wireless card in it? Perhaps they'll upgrade it when Leopard launches?

In any case, 802.11n or not, I'm buying a Mac mini Core 2 Duo the day Leopard is included with it. Which should mean a new computer in less than a month. Very Happy
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
I'm thinking that the Mac mini won't get GMA X3100 (or something else) before the MacBook. As for 802.11n, isn't it as simple as putting a better wireless card in it? Perhaps they'll upgrade it when Leopard launches?

It's possible Mac mini and MacBook will be updated before Macworld 2008. The MacBook is definitely next on the table.

Yvan256 wrote:
In any case, 802.11n or not, I'm buying a Mac mini Core 2 Duo the day Leopard is included with it.

You are going to love it. I'm going the Leopard family pack route, so I went ahead and bought a 1.83GHz C2D mini. It's a little speed demon.

Yvan256 wrote:
Which should mean a new computer in less than a month. Very Happy

You don't sound so sure. Laughing

I have a gut feeling that it might slip again. Sad
iLife's a Bitch!
gigaguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
jcosorio wrote:

These might be the first Core 2 Duo minis though.

What other versions of the Core 2 Duo MacMini are there??
I've only seen the 1.83 and 2.0 that came out with the Imac refresh.

I pay a lot of attention to the refurbs myself. Got good deals and it gives an indication of what is going on at Apple sales, IMO.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
What other versions of the Core 2 Duo MacMini are there??
I've only seen the 1.83 and 2.0 that came out with the Imac refresh.

None. They are the first and only models with C2D. I was just saying this is the first time that I've seen or heard about C2D Mac minis being offered in the refurbished section. But like I said before, I don't visit that section of the Apple store much.
iLife's a Bitch!
gigaguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, yes, it's the first time the new 2 Duos have been discounted as refurbs. I'm waiting for Leopard to get a new 2.0 Mini however. but now all the rumours of further Mini changes (true or not) have me wondering.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting since January of this year, I'm not waiting any longer and going to buy myself a brandnew Leopard installed Mini 2.0. Other upgrades or not. It' s about bl**dy time! Evil or Very Mad
severe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
I've been waiting since January of this year, I'm not waiting any longer and going to buy myself a brandnew Leopard installed Mini 2.0. Other upgrades or not. It' s about bl**dy time! Evil or Very Mad

You and me both, Jim.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

severe wrote:

You and me both, Jim.

And Yvan256 too and, I guess, masses of people more! Waiting 10 months is just to long for just a computer, Apple or not! Shocked
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Apple may be in for a little shock with Mac mini sales once Leopard is released...

A lot of people buy the Mac mini because it costs less than other Macs (if you're upgrading from another computer). So, most of us are waiting for Leopard, which is about 20% of the cost of the machine, to buy a Mac mini.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
I think Apple may be in for a little shock with Mac mini sales once Leopard is released...

A lot of people buy the Mac mini because it costs less than other Macs (if you're upgrading from another computer). So, most of us are waiting for Leopard, which is about 20% of the cost of the machine, to buy a Mac mini.

Exactly! That's why I would not buy a refurbished at this time, even when it was $ 125.00 cheaper than a new one Laughing
johnodd4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there getting ready for leopard.

Right before a operating systems release manufactures place last years models as refurbished and unload them at half price or better just because they are getting ready to bring newer models out.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnodd4 wrote:
Looks like there getting ready for leopard.

Right before a operating systems release manufactures place last years models as refurbished and unload them at half price or better just because they are getting ready to bring newer models out.

Yes, but Apple just gives a marginal discount in my opinion. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: