123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips for opening up the mini for a RAM upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
livatlantis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, thanks for the tip.

That video from Other World Computing is great! I think I'm more confident now. Now to wait for the week Smile
mojofrojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done installing my 1gig stick of ram. Insatlation was quick and painless, just like useing the mini itself Very Happy Gotta give props to all the guys on this forum for halping newbies like myself on not just the mac, but all things mini. So happy I left windows.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojofrojo wrote:
Just got done installing my 1gig stick of ram. Insatlation was quick and painless, just like useing the mini itself Very Happy Gotta give props to all the guys on this forum for halping newbies like myself on not just the mac, but all things mini. So happy I left windows.

Remember, computers are like ACs; they work well until you open Windows...
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
Gmas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: for the faint of heart Reply with quote

Compusa, authorized by Apple, charges 29 dollars for the first upgrade and another 15 for the second item if they are done together. The RAM is easy to install but if you would also like to upgrade your HDD or optical drive, you might want to consider this. Or if you just don't want to mess with it (my case).

If you live in Austin, TX, I found a store that will do all the upgrades for a 40 dollar fee, and will consult with an electrician to overclock. They are at:

www.austinhappymac.com

and they are great.

Gmas.
e3mw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livatlantis wrote:
Right, thanks for the tip.

That video from Other World Computing is great! I think I'm more confident now. Now to wait for the week Smile

Just remember, the guy in the video has probably done it a hundred times if not more. The video definetly makes it seem like it's pretty easy to do (and it is.) but don't be too over-confident, prepare, take it slow, and if you feel antsy, or if something doesn't seem right; stop what you're doing and talk to someone who has done it before. That, I'm sure, will save you a few headaches if things don't go as planned.
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: